BORN INVINCIBLE

7 GRANDMASTERS

NINJA CHECKMATE

cheers

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

Dynamite Trio is a FANTASTIC showcase for Mark Long, however, Jack Long is nowhere to be found in that movie. still check it out. the aforementioned World of Drunken Master is pretty good too, altho mark's role is quite small.

check out 5 fighters from Shaolin..personally i hate that movie, but lots of ppl like it...both of them really get to showcase their fighting skills, altho its HEAVILY undercranked. the comedy is really lame too....be warned. the fight choreography is very good, its just way to sped up..

Guest morgoth

That clip looks like a TV show. You should post it in the TV section. Someone probably knows something about it.

Personally, I loved Five Fighters From Shaolin. The comedy was lame at times, but it was also extremely funny, especially the fat guy.

And yes, it is undercranked, but it fits into the movie with all the insane wirework.

I would give that movie like a 9/10. It is a masterpiece. And it also has Jack and Mark Long. Could Mark Long look any more dirty in this movie?

Guest jadebadger

Is that the movie with the poop bucket, among other craziness? God, I haven't seen that one in a long time. I loved that movie. Man, we seem to like the same films. Maybe we should trade! I'll send you a list if you want.

Guest MANOZEN

Hi ,

There is an excellent fight between the Long brothers at the shapes exchange in 36 Deadly Styles , well worth checking out ! Shaolin 36 Beads and Wu Tang vs Ninja also feature Jack and Mark, beyond the realm of kung fu Sakura Killers also fits the bill ....

MANOZEN

226941.jpg226941.jpg

I really dug Mark's character in Ninja Checkmate. That scene where he drops to the ground, rolls over, calling out his style, has me rollin' each time I see it. :D

I love both of these guys....they actually were the actors that first got me going on the old school kung fu scene. They were both in 'BORN INVINCIBLE', although; not the best roles they every did (pretty decent though).

kungfusamurai

I don't think they're actually related, unless one's a half-brother or was adopted. They don't look anything alike. There's also a Wei Long who was in a few movies of theirs, but he doesn't look like either of them.

I discovered by accident they were in some 80s Taiwan/Hollywood co production called Sakura Killers. I don't recall if either of them did much fighting in the movie, even though it was full of nice Taiwanese kung fu choreography. In fact, I think Mark Long only appears as a flashback, and Jack Long plays some kind of grandfatherly character to the main cast members. I'll have to check it out again.

Here's a clip from youtube

beBOqN9v60M

KFS

Ghost face killer is Probably my favorite Character of any movie I've seen to date. HJL's Character's in Secret rivals 1 and 2, and his character in invincible armor come close, but I still give the edge to G.F.K. Kick ass villians rule kung fu. Any other classic villians I should check out?

Archived