Lucky Stars series question

Phoenix

Hi,

looking for some advice- I want to purchase Winners And Sinners, My Lucky Stars and Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars but the discs must feature the original 80s English dubs.

Can anyone tell me if the HKL dvds feature the original dubs or if they used one of their newer dubs as they did with certain other releases?

I've also seen lots of versions of these films on sale on HKFlix, are any of those releases ones featuring the original dubs?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

TibetanWhiteCrane

i have the HKL releases, as well as the Scandinavian releases, which definitely has the old english dubs. I don't recall if the HKL has, but I doubt it. Although the Scandi versions have some cuts, compared to the HKL ones. Nothing big, but still.

Guest Markgway

I think the HKL edition of TWINKLE might have the original English dub. International version is the same as the Cantonese apart from having longer credits at the end.

Thanks for the replies guys, I didn't introduce myself, this is the first time I'm posting here but I used to be a member in the Kung Fu Fandom days.

Can anyone advise me on where I can get the Scandinavian releases, please?

Yeah, I would like to watch the original dubs because they are what I remember seeing in my younger days and the dubbing the films funnier for me. I tried watching Winners And Sinners with subs but it just wasn't the same for me. I know a lot of people hate dubs but let's not go into that can of worms now.

Markgway, is there anyway you can check if it is the original dub on the HKL disc, please?

• Administrator

Hey, I have the HKL of TWINKLE. I don't mind checking for you, but how willI know if it's the original dub? I don't know that I have heard a different version.

The Running Man

The HKL DVD of Twinkle did have the same old dub on there.

However, if you are just out for that dub then the Scandinavian release I mentioned earlier is the one to get as that DVD has better sound than the HKL DVD.

yeah the Original Eng dubs made it more funnier.

I still have the old vhs tapes.

Excactly. I still have the old VHS tapes as well. The English dubs on those are classic.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yes, out of Winners&Sinners, My Lucky Stars and Twinkle, Twinkle Lucky Stars, Twinkle is the only HKL to have the old school dub. I have the Scandinavian versions of all three, and if you have something to trade, maybe we could do that??

Thanks for your offer, I am in the process of expanding my collection so don't really want to get rid of any of my films but I would purchase Winners And Sinners and My Lucky Stars Scandinavian editions off you if you're interested.

I've managed to track down Twinkle Twinkle and purchased it but if you guys could point me to a site that stocks the Scandinavian versions I would be exremely grateful.

Thanks for the replies it is appreciated.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I only know of some Danish sites that carry them, but they don't ship abroad, I think. Good luck in your quest. If you don't find them, holla at me again.

41079294_1834119996673441_122366594675376128_n.jpg.3e82c159a38ba4f387c9ff942f84931a.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/sanguan.khumrungroj

Google translating Thai...

#Huge-luck case suspect #MBK39 #When he was in the entertainment industry of Hong Kong

June 1985
"Stone pig" Hong Jin Bao (洪金寶), who has a Korean wife. As a director and performer Bring the pile to Pattaya to shoot a new Hong Kong-style bootleg movie with a Thai name "7 diamonds of the nationality of Hor". Part 2"(Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars 夏日福星(Xia Ri Fuxing)

An old friend of the Thai manager invited me to Pattaya to help write this movie. Even being a movie buff and a celebrity maniac is already the original capital. Therefore, immediately accept the mouth. That day was a beautiful opportunity to hit the shoulders of leading stars. For example, "Hu Hui Zhong" (胡慧中), "Hui Ying Hong" (惠英紅), "Zheng Zhiwei" (曾志偉), Wu Jun Ru (吳君如), "Huang Jin Sen" (黄錦燊), and other.

Another highlight: Kior joined the dining table at the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel with superstars Hong Jinbao (far right), Yuan Biao (元彪) (right 2) and Feng Shuifan (馮淬帆), chatting merrily. Nervous old man At that time AIDS was breeding all over the world.

That year: I also received a job to make an advertisement spot for the movie "7 Hor" in Teochew language with a single "Ho" sound on the radio in Thailand. 30 seconds, get 1500 baht

(Huang News Agency provided)

Ff_t9zxacAA9O2P.jpg

Fc2mPuJaAAEI_xx.jpg

EQKmiJdU8AEWlSX.jpg

EQKmiIWVUAEyjcD.jpg

DUmpptgVwAEi8_H.jpg

DUmzi0LU0AIGw5g.jpg

Ffv4VyNaUAA4ZgF.jpg

836325123.jpg

EXHD_w-U4AAP6Oh.jpg

EGNAxvWU0AEBchP.jpg

• Like 2