The Young Dragons

HAZ

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

The Japanese DVD featured the original uncut version, right?

Did it have the original title or was it still called The Young Dragons on-screen?

Golden Harvest changed the credits too IIRC.

the Japanese DVD is the GH re edit, doubt we will evrer see the "Farwell Buddy" orig version

exactly. and all previous Video Releases were the CENSORED GH-Re-edit, so the DVD is still "uncut" :)

Guest Markgway

Oh, I see. So it's Golden Harvest-Uncut or Golden Harvest-Censored. I didn't realise there was an "uncut" Golden Harvest. I though the cuts for violence were made by Harvest themselves BEFORE submission as a response to the film being banned in 1973. So was it banned instead in 1974/5 when Harvest submitted it to the censors and then they had to make cuts? I guess a director's cut is out of the question - although we don't know if and what was changed between the original Farewell, Buddy version and The Young Dragons. I don't mind title changes but Harvest's policy of changing credits was uncool. It's amazing the amount of films Raymond Chow "produced" that he had nothing to do with. And unless I'm mistaken John Woo only co-directed Farewell, Buddy, but his name appears solo on The Young Dragons. Very curious. Still need to see the uncut-GH though as it's several mins longer.

The New Fortune Star DVD from Young Dragons have the 94 min Version from the JP DVD.The Picture Quality is very good!Better as the Japan DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, its true!!!Sorry for my wrong Info. I Have in this Time seen in my HK and in my JP DVD and yes.This Scene is missing in the HK DVD.DAMMMMM!

Before I have look in the Fighting Scenes and I think this are longer as in the old vcd and vhs.

Thanks, Spannik

Archived