Slaughter in san Francisco

fiol

Hi,

i bought the new vcd back in HK last december and last nite i was going to watch it but..

..usually to check the quality of the vcds i put the second first, and if it's ok i will watch the movie.

Well, when i saw the quality i was shocked.. i mean.. the subtitles were really small and unclear, the video was.. letterboxed? i dunno.. i dont understand what ratio was.. it didnt seem so "normal".

I thought it was my CRT FLAT 16:9 so i tried with my old CRT 4:3 and the result is the same...

do u guys have this title on this release?

I will watch it anyway, but damn the quality is crap (more or less like None but the brave for the aspect ratio and subs matter, the video quality is better)..

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only have the English dubbed VHS version from MNTEX Entertainment, which the title is listed as KARATE COP. The film credits Sylvia Chang as "Sylvia Channing" and Lo Wei as "William Lowe". The distributor was responsible for the changes in the credits.

Killer Meteor
I only have the English dubbed VHS version from MNTEX Entertainment, which the title is listed as KARATE COP. The film credits Sylvia Chang as "Sylvia Channing" and Lo Wei as "William Lowe". The distributor was responsible for the changes in the credits.

My UK tape does the same - the title on that print is Slaughter In San Franciso. I guess Golden Harvest did it though its a shame they didn't make the characters sound more America. All the cops are dubbed with strange Australian accents!

• Administrator
The fortune star vcd's should be avoided at all costs!

Why is that Haz? Can you please give us some examples of the problems with them?

The pixelation, the blurry subs. They are a headache to watch. There might be a couple that are okay, but have since got a DVD release. They are the worst VCD's I've seen. Just terrible.

yes FS vcds are quite crappy but sometimes are the only source to watch the movie with the original soundtrack

anyway i have some of them and i'm happy with them since they are cheap as hell, but it's true.. not all of them are good, some are just awful..

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but it's a must watch, especially if you're a fan of Slaughter in San Francisco:

sZmos0GSCWE

Another:

7-Qjf50eBN0

Archived