Guest Chan Wah Shun

Guest Chan Wah Shun

WARRIORS TWO

PRODIGAL SON

DESCENDANTS OF WING CHUN

SHAOLIN TEMPLE (sb)

INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN

WING CHUN (1994)

What are some other movies that showcase the art of close-quarters combat?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

In Duel of the 7 Tigers aka Shadow of the Tiger there is a character that supposed to be an expert in the Wing Chun style. He was supposed to have won some WC tournaments in HK from what it said in the beginning credits as each actor showcases their style. The film is not based strictly around Wing Chun but several styles battling an evil Karate Master.

Fists of Bruce Lee features Bruce Li using alot of WC in the fight scenes along with other techniques.

Also, Invincible Shaolin has Wei Pai playing a character that trains in WC to battle Sun Chien's TKD style kicks.

Guest MANOZEN

Hi ,

Beyond what has already been listed, the two main players for superb Wing Chun styling would be Leung Kar Yan and Ti Lung . One great example with both of these legends letting the Wing Chun fly is Shanghai 13, a definate must see !

Another film well worth checking out would be The Heroes starring Ti Lung, there is a tremendous injection of Chun material in the choreography !

Also, there is the Real Kung Fu tv series with Yuen Biao and Leung Kar Yan, this is based around Master Leung Jan .

MANOZEN

b2.jpg

Guest Chan Wah Shun

I forgot about the Heroes. I got it on vhs somwhere (crappy wutang version), gonna have to give that on another going over. Also thanks for reminding me that Ip Chun was in The Man, The Myth, ManoZen. I had the Goodtimes version of that back when I started collecting. Thanks to everyone for the titles, I'll be sure to try to pick these up.

Guest HANZOSTEEL
Stranger From Shaolin springs to mind

Lol yes this movie show alleged upstart of wing chun. And goes on how it was born. Delves into the

technique. Interesting performance by Cecilia wong last time i saw her was Shaolin Mantis. What's

the story on wing chum is it true it was started by a girl? I have noticed a few movies with girls named

wing chun. In stranger from shaolin they propose that it was started by a girl named.. yes you guessed

it.. Wing Chun. Close Quarter Power. Very finely excercised by Miss Wong. You will not regret it.

Guest fabhui

Whether or not it is true but..... The founder of the art is generally considered to be Ng Mui who was a nun at the Shaolin Temple. She taught her art to a woman named Yim Wing Chun who in turn taught it to her husband Leung Bok Chau. It was Leung Bok Chau who named the art Wing Chun after his wife.

Guest limubai2000

100% accurate Fab, this is the origin we are taught in the Grandmaster Cheung lineage.

Historical accuracy is another matter though... :P

Archived