Who is Red Sun?

Guest jadebadger

Guest jadebadger

Please forgive me if this is an old gripe/subject, but who exactly is Red Sun, and why are they evil? There's a bunch of their Shaw Bros releases at the shop near my house, and they look pretty well put together. However, I remember them being mentioned as evil by a few people on here and I definitely don't want to support them if that's the case. Are these just dressed up boots of the Celestial releases? Is the quality terrible?

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

They rip off the Celestial prints and slap a poor quality sounding English dub on it. That's why there's a market for them because some people want the English dub on the remastered shaw's even if it's poor sound quality. They hurt the chances of legit quality releases coming out and being sold in the stores.

Guest jadebadger

Nuff said. I thought that's what was going on there. That sucks. I'll stick to the real deal. Hell, they're about the same price too.

Guest Chan Wah Shun

I hate to play devil's advocate, but they do have the best version of Drunken Master on DVD.

Guest killer meteor

...considering recent developments, they may not be around that long now. Even so, I do wish people would get it into whatever passes for a conscience that by supporting Red Sun, they are screwing our chances of decent product. Is that too hard for you, Hwangdi? You'd continue to support these trashy bootlegs despite all that has been said by Linn, Spannick etc?

Honest to God...

Archived