Astro Boy

daisho2004

I just got back from seeing this new movie tonight, and I will admit I never watched this series when I was young. But I loved this Movie it was great. It was a little sad when he lost his Son but it had a great storyline. This is a must see movie for both Old Fans and New Ones!

Set in futuristic Metro City, "Astro Boy" is about a young robot with incredible powers created by a brilliant scientist named Tenma (Nicolas Cage). Powered by positive “blue” energy, Astro Boy (Freddie Highmore) is endowed with super strength , x-ray vision, unbelievable speed and the ability to fly. Embarking on a journey in search of acceptance, Astro Boy encounters many other colorful characters along the way. Through his adventures, he learns the joys and emotions of being human, and gains the strength to embrace his destiny. Ultimately learning his friends and family are in danger, Astro Boy marshals his awesome super powers and returns to Metro City in a valiant effort to save everything he cares about and to understand what it takes to be a hero.

astroboyposter2.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark of the Dragon: I loved it and so did my 7yr. Old Son I think your gonna like. But I really don't think its doing to well in the movies, and I was surprised.

Hong Kong & L.A. based animation studio Imagi did a decent job from the looks with the animation of Astro Boy (Tetsuwan Atom). I like what they did with TMNT and I'm definitely looking forward to their next flick, Gatchaman, based on one of my all-time favorite anime series.

Sad news :(

Hong Kong-based Imagi Studios ("TMNT," "Astro Boy") has been shut down to preserve its parent company's liquidity and stock value reports Yahoo News.

The studio has been struggling with financing ever since its creation, and the box-office disappointment of "Astro Boy" late last year (a global $23 million haul) seems to have been the last straw.

Imagi claims it will continue to develop movie ideas and outsource the actual animation work to mainland China and other countries, where costs are lower. This would include the "Gatchaman" (aka. "Battle of the Planets

Source: Dark Horizons

Archived