How is the UK DVD of "The Loot"

The Running Man

The Running Man

I believe it was put out by "Dragon DVD". A sister company of Soulblade?

Anyway, if anyone can share details on the quality of the disc I'd appreciate it. :D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The UK dvd is non anamorphic yes. It's taken from the same source as the China dvd but dubbed in english. I do remember the joysales release has a tiny part of the picture cut off at the top so even though it's anamorphic widescreen you are missing some of the picture. If that doesn't bother you go for that version. I would get the Dragon dvd if you can find it cheap though.

I have a gut feeling the Joy Sales and Dragon are the same print.. They both have the same print damage in the same spots etc.. Just my 2 cents is all, they both are nothing to write home about print wise. :) Still a good movie though.

That must be a different version Daigoro as I don't remember the Dragon dvd menu looking like that. I like the Joysales version for the chinese soundtrack but I like the wa dvd cos it is true wide but unfortunately isn't anamorphic and has terrrible audio.

The Running Man: I just checked all 3 versions during the endfight. The scene with Norman Chu doing his Tarzan impression pounding his chest while David Chiang acts like a monkey. I think this is just past 84 minutes during the movie. The WA and Dragon dvd you see the top of his head and a little bit of the background above. The Joysales dvd they cut a bit off the top of his head so you see his hair but not his complete head. If you look at the close up flamed torch on the wall you can see the flame on the WA dvd but not on the Joysales dvd. I'm not very good at explaining measurements so I hope this helps.

And I forgot to mention the Dragon dvd extras wise only has trailers for other releases.

Archived