Fist of dragon (2010)

daisho2004

This movie looks off the Hook! I cannot wait to see it! The thing that really sucks for us here in the States is that we sometimes have to wait Months to get to see half of these great movies from overseas!

The first trailer for Singapore/Chinese martial arts actioner FIST OF DRAGON is here. Malaysian writer-director Michael Chuah stars as a young, martial arts-trained man who while visiting his uncle discovers that his hometown has become overrun with violent gangsters so he steps in to defend the locals.

FIST OF DRAGON (2010)

Henry Thia (left) and Michael Chuah at a launch event for FIST OF DRAGON (2010).

Fiona Xie

Wang Xiao-chen

Fiona Xie and Wang Xiao-chen

The action comedy also stars Wang Xiao-chen, comedian Henry Thia and Fiona Xie as a stuntwoman. It’s arriving in theaters in Singapore in 2010.

FIST OF DRAGON is a modest, $1 million co-production between Singapore’s Fusian Media and China’s Desen International Media but the extensive fight work, choreographed by Chuah and his stunt team, looks pretty intense from the trailer. I’m also seeing clean forms mixed in there with some rapid, Donnie Yen-style sparring.

Interestingly, Chuah wasn’t originally going to star in this movie but stepped into the lead role when his original pick didn’t pan out. Now, it’s looking like Michael Chuah is going to become the latest rising martial arts star to keep an eye on.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever became of this movie. Did it ever get released? Was it a bad movie? I remember seeing a trailer for it awhile back and it looked alright. Of course trailers can make any movie look alright.

ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, I think I remember seeing a trailer for this about the time I saw the first trailer for Merantau. Wonder what the hold up is.

It was? When? Have you seen it? Was it good in your opinion? Fight scenes? Feel like that Mark Anthony song "I need ta know"

Drunken Monk

I've been waiting for this one, eagerly. It looked like a good, solid modern wushu film. Has it really come out? I'm assuming that if it has, it hasn't had a DVD release yet.

It certainly had a premier as the photo galleries at https://www.facebook.com/Fist.of.Dragon show.

Ok, further research reveals that it was released on August 4th, 2011. The reviews are luke warm at best, really.

Luke warm eh. Hmm I still wanna check it out. I am as my friends call me "that guy" I will watch any kung fu flick. Good, bad, b-rate it don't matter anything is worth a gander. I could deal with a shallow story but cool action.

Bought it on bootleg last week, but havent got round to watching it yet. The fights posted on youtube look pretty good though.

Drunken Monk
Bought it on bootleg last week, but havent got round to watching it yet. The fights posted on youtube look pretty good though.

I looked but couldn't find any. Do have any links you could post?

Here's a clip posted by forum member rdenn, have to get round to watching it, looks better each time I see it.

Drunken Monk
Here's a clip posted by forum member rdenn, have to get round to watching it, looks better each time I see it.

Weirdly enough, as much as I anticipated this film, I wasn't actually impressed with that clip. Some of the camera work was dodgy and when we get a wide shot it felt like the two fighters had too much distance between each other. How odd.

I'll certainly give it a go though.

daisho2004

I forgot all about this movie, did it ever come out on DVD? I cannot find it anywhere.

i thinks this movie was actually madein singapore if you wanting a great storyline you will not get that here, the fights are hit and miss but wihen its good its decent the main villian is really good the lead actor is really stiff

I agree with rdenn about the main villain being the highlight of the movie. Performs some very impressive kicking. He fights the main actor twice in the movie. The first fight between them is my fav part of the movie.

Archived