New Shaw DVDs In December

Winfred

So yeah, for people who are interested, they found more than 200 complete films, Shaws and Independants, widescreen & subtitled. They're now in Austin, TX.

Any idea why they moved them from Portland to Austin?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any idea why they moved them from Portland to Austin?

I just read back didn'r realize it was all 35mm. The Alamo Drafthouse is my guess. Its like a modern day grindhouse, the owner is a big film collector and a fan of HK cinema. They just show the Mighty Peking man two days ago. They once did an Enter the Dragon/Black Belt Jones screening with Jim Kelly in attendance, I think they had Gordon Liu at the Kill Bill premier too.

Currently they have wierd wednesday and terror tuesday movies, the current kung fu series is monthly, maybe they can ramp it up if they are the ones who got the films.

I just read back didn'r realize it was all 35mm. The Alamo Drafthouse is my guess. Its like a modern day grindhouse, the owner is a big film collector and a fan of HK cinema. They just show the Mighty Peking man two days ago. They once did an Enter the Dragon/Black Belt Jones screening with Jim Kelly in attendance, I think they had Gordon Liu at the Kill Bill premier too.

Currently they have wierd wednesday and terror tuesday movies, the current kung fu series is monthly, maybe they can ramp it up if they are the ones who got the films.

Hi,

It is the Alamao Drafthouse. The films were located in Vancouver BC, and were donated to the Alamo Drafthouse. I guess it was because they actually have the facililties to properly store thousands of film reels. Hopefully, someone from their organization will come out & make the discovery list public. There are a lot of interesting films on that list - unreleased Shaws, Taiwanese swordplay. I hope that some of these materials will be used with Celestial's or the rightsholders permission on future DVD releases.

I just bought that disc this week. :smile:

It's ok, pretty much a trailer only disc with some editorial commentary and a 30min. segment with the people who work at the Alamo. Glad I have it. $14.99 at Best Buy.

• Administrator

The Alamo Drafthouse is easily the coolest theater I've ever been to! And I met Tim through a mutal friend and got to hang out with him and BS. He's a good guy, and he really knows his movies.

Archived