Toxic Avenger 5: The Toxic Twins

StarDreamCan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troma is a mixed bag. Some of its soo bad its good. And some of its so bad its bad. I happen to like the stuff that Lloyd Kaufman has been doing for the past couple years. Citizen Toxie (Toxic Avenger 4) is what I call "new Troma". You can tell that its alot sharper and just more up to todays standards. Terror Firmer and even Poultrygiest are along those "new Troma" standards.

For the longest time I stood away from Poultrygiest. I wasnt sure why. But I watched it yesturday and its grade A. Our tastes differ Im sure so I wouldnt want to recommend anything to anyone and have them not enjoy it. But if you ever get around to it, give Terror Firmer a shot and try the "new Troma" out. If you dug Citizen Toxie then I dont see why you wouldnt enjoy the newer stuff.

Ive seen some horrid trash from Troma. You gotta realize that the company is in the buisness of distributing movies and putting the Troma label on it. Theres alot of crap that gets passed and has the Troma seal of approval. Id stay away from alot of that older stuff and stick to whats right for you. To me, you cant go wrong with anything directed by Lloyd Kaufman. Thats my opinion.

I have no idea why my post was deleted but whatever. Try Terror Firmer and Poultrygiest. If you liked Toxy 4 youll dig those. Also try Tromeo and Juliet.

This is sweet!!!! I remember they originally had planned to call the next Toxic Avenger film "Saving Private Toxie", where he would have joined the US Army, but I like this concept even better with him raising kids. Wait, in Part 4, weren't the twins made up of Toxie and Kabukiman??? Cuz Kabukiman got it on with Sarah during one of his drunken nights and forgot to zip up! LOL

I'm guessing for this one, both of them are going to be Toxie's and Sarah's and take out the Kabuki-baby. I'm only wondering what they are going to look like. I got a hunch Toxie Jr. is going to look like Toxie himself and the daughter is going to look more like Sarah.

Promo Art from the AFM 2009

toxic110209.jpg&w=600&zc=0

I think David Mattey or Mitchell Cohen should come back as Toxie.

Finally...almost 2 years later....THE TOXIC AVENGER V is in production.

toxic%20avenger%205%20poster.jpg

Playing the Toxic Avenger is Julian Walker, whose credits include small roles in THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123 and AMERICAN GANGSTER. The cast also includes Troma favorite Debbie Rochon and Suzi Lorraine (from the on set pics, Suzi looks to playing Sarah, Toxie's wife).

Here's what Lloyd Kaufman says about the film

Unlike Superman, who never seems to age, Toxie gets older with each movie. In THE TOXIC AVENGER PARTs II-IV, he has gotten married and had children. Now he’ll have to deal with his wife’s menopause, his erectile dysfunction—which is a constant erection—and his rebellious kid. We’re on to the next generation, like STAR TREK.

We’ll see a little of Toxie’s twins in kindergarten, and then as teenagers. The son is rebellious, while the daughter is ultra-politically correct. We’ll show her going through puberty, which should be the most colorful monthly cycle ever put on film! We want to focus on the father/child relationship, and the generation gap. There is also a villain who wants to rename Tromaville Scheisseville."

Here is an on-set pic of Suzi Lorraine with the "Toxic Twins"

ToxiePic1.jpg

that looks like a lower budget toxic avenger if that's even possible. I will always like the first one as shameful it might be to admit. Toxic Crusaders cartoon kinda rules too.

Curious, does troma use only real effects in their movies still?

that looks like a lower budget toxic avenger if that's even possible. I will always like the first one as shameful it might be to admit. Toxic Crusaders cartoon kinda rules too.

Curious, does troma use only real effects in their movies still?

They still do as far as I know. I've never seen CGI used in their films, so that's a plus :) However, I could be wrong. I'd rather see cheesy SFX rather than CGI crap personally.

I still am shocked that for the head crushing scene in Toxic 1, they used a watermelon with a wig

They still do as far as I know. I've never seen CGI used in their films, so that's a plus :) However, I could be wrong. I'd rather see cheesy SFX rather than CGI crap personally.

I still am shocked that for the head crushing scene in Toxic 1, they used a watermelon with a wig

That's cool if they do stick to real effects still. I agree completely about preferring cheesy real effects to cg effects. CG blood may be one of the worst things to happen to films, especially horror ones.

Yeah that first Toxic Avenger pulled off some pretty damn cool effects that even today still look pretty sweet.

Doing an interview with SFX Magazine, Kaufman revealed that he is definitely doing Toxic Avenger 5 and it will involve his now adult children and a battle to be set in Chernobyl. It gets better because Kaufman may have name dropped James Gunn as a possible co-writer of the sequel.

“It’s definitely coming. The problem is that we need to get our new Troma movie, Shakespeare’s S***storm, which is our version of The Tempest, out into the cinemas and on DVD so that we can get some money together for it. This is a very ambitious Toxic Avenger movie. The script is complete and it will focus on Toxie’s two children who, 20 years after part four, have all grown up. And one has mutated into a very strange being [laughs]. Fans can expect more low-budget action with the usual Troma mix of girls, guts and gruesome gore. Toxie is going to go to Chernobyl in this one. It will cost just $100,000, but I think it is the best one yet. I have worked with [Guardians of the Galaxy director] James Gunn and the script we have for The Toxic Avenger 5 is the finest I have read. It shows Toxie fighting the bureaucrats and the obnoxious rich people who are harming the people of Tromaville.”

Archived