The Legend Of Snake In The Eagles Shadow

Ninja Sinai

Ive seriously lost count how many times I have seen this classic. I first watched it when I was around 5/6 years old and been watching it ever since. I still have a 25 year old copy of it on VHS!! Its so worn out due to repeated viewings that the pic & sound has almost disappeared..!!

If there was only one old skool kung fu movie that I could watch for the rest of my life, it would have to be this.

Here are some screen grabs taken from my 25 year old VHS copy of SITES which contains the rare overdub at the beginning telling the history of the feud between the Eagles Claw Clan & The Snake Fist School.

I have transcribed the rare overdub which plays over the opening fight scene.

The time, close to the end of the Ching Dynasty in China. As a result of a 200 year old feud, the powerful Eagle Claw Society have all but extinguished the snake style of martial arts.

The notorious Lord Shen Kuan, head of the Eagle Claw, is obsessed with the destruction of all the snake school numbers.

This is the last know surviving student of Grandmaster Pei Ching Tien, he is under the Eagles Shadow and there is no escaping the claws of Lord Shen Kuan.

Lord Shen Kuan and his clan will not rest until they kill the only remaining practitioner of the snake style, the Grandmaster.

Our story begins here in this small city, where Grandmaster Pei Ching Tien is disguised as a beggar. He is trying to contact his student, not realising that he was killed by the Eagles Claw. He also doesn't realise that this city is infested with Lord Shen Kuans men.

Some of the scenes, especially near the end have faded so much from repeated viewings from over the years, that they have almost vanished! lol

picture9v.jpg

No eyes!

picture12d.jpg

Weed smoker!

picture14c.jpg

Mean & Deadly!

picture16o.jpg

The letter!

picture17c.jpg

The infamous fight scene: Cat vs Snake!

picture22u.jpg

Whats happening to the picture?!

picture23.jpg

"I'll kill you, even though im blind!"

picture25i.jpg

Now thats what I call GLASS!!

I transferred the now legendary 25 year old vhs copy of SITES onto DVD, so it can finally rest.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. That's great. I have the same VHS, and plenty of other titles that I simply refuse to get rid of. Nothing like breaking them out time to time and enjoying those cruddy prints. :bigsmile:

I haven't watch this movie in a long time so I throw it on today and my DVD copy looks just like the images above, wasn't there a remastered version out a while back? Or which version has the best print? They really need to give these movies a remastered overhaul.

DeathFuMaster

I have the Ground Zero release and it looks fine. Sony also released a version, but I think the cat vs. snake scene was cut.

Blimey! looking at the screen shots, really takes me back. this is was the quality of the majority of kung fu movies that i used to watch in the UK. Somehow (to me), some of them seem better when i watch the old glass VHS copy that some of the re-mastered versions.

sifu iron perm

i own the original vhs version with eng dubbing, the original soundtrack is much better than the re-release!

Plus i was pissed off when made in hong kong released their version with the butchered cat vs snake scene.

Glad i still kept my original copy.

Archived