The Hurt Locker

daisho2004

OK I got to watch this movie the other night and I really did enjoy it, it really shows a side of War which a lot of us may never see but only hear about on the news. A must see movie!

The Hurt Locker:

thehurtlocker6.jpg

The Hurt Locker is a riveting, suspenseful portrait of the courage under fire of the military's unrecognized heroes: the technicians of a bomb squad who volunteer to challenge the odds and save lives doing one of the world's most dangerous jobs. Three members of the Army's elite Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) squad battle insurgents and one another as they search for and disarm a wave of roadside bombs on the streets of Baghdad—in order to try and make the city a safer place for Iraqis and Americans alike. Their mission is clear—protect and save—but it's anything but easy, as the margin of error when defusing a war-zone bomb is zero. This thrilling and heart-pounding look at the psychology of bomb technicians and the effects of risk and danger on the human psyche is a fictional tale inspired by real events by journalist and screenwriter Mark Boal, who was embedded with a special bomb unit in Iraq.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
froffeecoffee

I thought Jeremy Renner's performance was impressive. There's talk of an Best Actor nomination, in addition to nominations for the film itself.

Guest WuxiaFan

:yociexp57:

Congratulations to Kathryn Bigelow and her film THE HURT LOCKER for winning Best Director and Best Picture over her piece of shit X-husband James Cammeron and his bigger piece of shit, anti-American, anti-US military, anti-US corporation AVATAR!

:khi4a:

I would like to thank the Academy for poetic justice!

:laluot_14:

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Right on WuxiaFan!

Although I did not see Avatar I found myself not wanting to fall for the hype. And hearing my liberal friends praising its anti-qualities, as you mentioned, I was completely turned off. I did not see the Hurt Locker but am pleased Avatar did not win the day.

Gd Y-Y

WuxiaFan: You didn't like AVATAR? WOW! I did enjoy the movie a lot I thought the SP-FX were totally awesome! The movie did have a reminiscence of the way the USA treated the American Indians that seemed to be the message. But to get back on track "The Hurt Locker" was a very good movie.

Guest WuxiaFan
WuxiaFan: You didn't like AVATAR? WOW! I did enjoy the movie a lot I thought the SP-FX were totally awesome! The movie did have a reminiscence of the way the USA treated the American Indians that seemed to be the message.

I've never hated a movie more than I hated AVATAR. This was a direct slam at the US Military and our invasion of Iraq. IMO, this was not a reference to how the British colonists treated native American Indians.

As for the technical and movie making side of AVATAR, it was a brilliant film. The Oscar for Cinematography was justly deserved. The special effects were superb and seeing the film in 3-D was an incredible experience.

As far as the HURT LOCKER, I haven't seen it yet! I was just overjoyed that it beat AVATAR! I do plan on watching it soon, though. :ooh:

Drunken Monk

While I think the hatred towards "Avatar" all seems a little forced by some people, I am happy to see that "The Hurt Locker" got the wins over Jame Cameron's baby. "The Hurt Locker" is an incredibly well acted, well directed and well structured film.

I didn't know what to expect when I first sat down to watch it but found myself loving every bleak minute of it.

I've never hated a movie more than I hated AVATAR. This was a direct slam at the US Military and our invasion of Iraq. IMO, this was not a reference to how the British colonists treated native American Indians.

It was both really. Avatar is Pocahontas, they just changed the characters' names and made it sci fi. If you don't believe me, read the description of Disney's Pocahontas and replace the names with ones from Avatar. I agree it also had parallels to Iraq.

Looking forward to seeing Hurt Locker. It's on my netflix.

Archived