Korean version of Tower of Death... new findings?

OldPangYau

Despite the unintentional comedy, I say good riddance... The scene didn't impact the story at all (what story there is, at least), the lion belonged on Sesame Street, and the "guest" looked like she applied her make-up with a trowel anyway :tongue:

I've always been partial to the lion (its just sooo goofy)...the naked guest, not so much. I remember my friend and I where always grossed out by how skankey she was. It's like she used Homer Simpson's makeup gun and left it set on whore. lol

Guest Markgway

Yeah, they could've found a better model. Someone who didn't look like a crack whore (and she probably was). Even her nipples weren't the greatest and you gottta have perky nipples! . lol

I was checking the TV guide this morning and I was greatly surprised to notice that

the KOREAN version (because I live in Korea) of Tower of Death is going to play on

cable tv next week (though it played earlier this morning at 5:00am but I missed it).

http://www.cabletv.co.kr/so_ch_schedule/arcdo/all_highlight03.asp?pp_ch_no=20744&display_day=2010-08-22&display_time=05:25

I'll hook up the computer to the tv and try to capture it. :nerd:

• Buddha Bless You 1

I was checking the TV guide this morning and I was greatly surprised to notice that

the KOREAN version (because I live in Korea) of Tower of Death is going to play on

cable tv next week (though it played earlier this morning at 5:00am but I missed it).

http://www.cabletv.co.kr/so_ch_schedule/arcdo/all_highlight03.asp?pp_ch_no=20744&display_day=2010-08-22&display_time=05:25

I'll hook up the computer to the tv and try to capture it. :nerd:

You should be in for a treat!

:bigsmile:

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
1 minute ago, ShawAngela said:

Thanks ! 

How does it work to download it ? I clicked on the mp4 download icon, and it lead me to watch the movie, but nothing was downloaded...

Right click on the video and click Save Video As. :)

• Buddha Bless You 1

Until today  brazilian tv channels transmit GOD 2 promoting as a "Bruce Lee film from beginning to end",but this is still better than call "Clementine " as a Steven Seagal's film!  

Killer Meteor

From what I can tell, any scenes where you can see Kim's face clearly and he has Jackie Chan-esque hair (mostly the mid section where Lewis shows him the animals, and the scene with the blonde woman) was made after the decision was made to have him play Bruce Lee's brother was made.

So it seems the Koreans removed the brother aspect when they removed the Bruce Lee shots.

Kim's appearence seems to change facially depending on the scene, unless there was another double at times - whoever is playing "Billy" in the Japanese shot funeral scene looks more gaunt and tall than Kim does in the "Bobby" scenes.

Edited by Killer Meteor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Killer Meteor said:

From what I can tell, any scenes where you can see Kim's face clearly and he has Jackie Chan-esque hair (mostly the mid section where Lewis shows him the animals, and the scene with the blonde woman) was made after the decision was made to have him play Bruce Lee's brother was made.

So it seems the Koreans removed the brother aspect when they removed the Bruce Lee shots.

Kim's appearence seems to change facially depending on the scene, unless there was another double at times - whoever is playing "Billy" in the Japanese shot funeral scene looks more gaunt and tall than Kim does in the "Bobby" scenes.

Lol that's so confusing. I always noticed that in the end battle Kim tai chungs face is always shrouded in shadow, must've been shot before they made the decision to have two separate characters.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
7 hours ago, Josh Baker said:

Lol that's so confusing. I always noticed that in the end battle Kim tai chungs face is always shrouded in shadow, must've been shot before they made the decision to have two separate characters.

Yeah, I think the original plan was to intercut him fighting with Enter the Dragon outtakes, then it turned out all they could use was the deleted dialogue scenes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Yeah, I think the original plan was to intercut him fighting with Enter the Dragon outtakes, then it turned out all they could use was the deleted dialogue scenes.

Yeah there's like one moment of Bruce kicking a guy in his black jumpsuit that was cut out, probably doesn't justify all of the doubling.

• Like 2