Which Hellz Windstaff to get?

Guest HwangDi

Guest HwangDi

Which versions do you all prefer? I believe the Xenon one is a cut version without parts of the end fight.

I've seen nothing but good reviews for this so I plan on checking it out soon.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chan Wah Shun

The Xenon one is ws and sub, and I think is only missing the part where Meng Hoi rips HJL in half.

I have the Eastern Heroes dvd. Quality is pretty good. LBX 2.35:1 aspect and progressive PAL with good strong colors. Audio is Cantonese; hardcoded subs and runtime is ~01:25:18. Only available extras is a trailer for their Jackie Chan Collection.

Overall i must say that this is the best quality print of the movie ive seen. No idea whether it´s cut or not tho.

Guest luckystars

I've seen that one and it must be a port of the Xenon disc as it abruptly ends too. Had no idea of what was cut tho :P

Guest killer meteor

Xeon is a port of EH's video and DVD. The ending is cut but I'm told the HK video was the same. Our best hope is to wait for someone to find an export print but in the mean time the EH cheap should suffice

Guest Northern B

I had an english dub (WA label I think..) but at each chapter point there was an annoying pause- said disc was sent back.

I would have thought there would have been a well authored wide, dual track version of this by now!

Flashlegs. It's widescreen, dubbed, and uncut from what fans have said who have it. The World Video one is the one with pauses and it's full screen and uncut.

Guest dager in the cotton

Just get the UK EH dvd version, its thebest by miles , the film is all fighting so who needs the english

Guest Whirlwind

Flashlegs version is missing part of the end fight where Hwang gets wishboned in the tree stump but is probably the best dubbed version quality wise.I`ve only seen this bit in the World Video DVD but that`s fullscreen.

Guest HANZOSTEEL
Just get the UK EH dvd version, its thebest by miles , the film is all fighting so who needs the english

I would like to see a few screencaps on that one. It's better by miles? Lol how many miles. . .

Could you show us a few screencaps mate? The only copy ive ever seen completely sucks.

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Thanks for answering my request and taking the time to post these screencaps. This copy of the

movie is undoubtedly the best ive seen and so i too will get the Eastern Heroes version of the movie.

Here are a few screencaps from the version i have. If you wince it's almost like watching the real thing. . .

hws-1.jpg

hws-4.jpg

hws-5.jpg

Guest HwangDi

yeah I'll have to find this EH version. How is EH generally on films? I haven't purchased anything from them before

Guest kungfusamurai

Isn't there some direct connection between the manufacturers/authors of the Xenon discs and the people who make the Eastern Heroes discs? I think there's even a connection between Xenon and Vengeance because the Iron Monkey films on both discs have the same blue tint and audio sync problems, if I'm not mistaken. Those screenshots of the EH Hellz Windstaff definitely look similar to the Xenon print. I guess the best way to tell is if there's a defect in the film print image on the Xenon disc at the same part of the film as the screen shot from EH disc.

KFS

Archived