Japanese film ?

nicklord1

Hello , i can only seem to really enjoy takeshi kitano movies from japan is there any similar titles i should give a go.

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nicklord1: His movies are good, but I really don't know which way to point you to. There are so many excellent Japanese movies out there as well as Asian Action movies in general.

Guest WuxiaFan

Takeshi Kitano movies are a "drop in the bucket" of Japanese cinema. :squigglemouth: Since Kitano did ZATOICHI (2003), why don't you check out classic ZATOICHI films with Shintaro Katsu. There were 26 of them from 1962 - 1989. :smile:

• Administrator
Hello , i can only seem to really enjoy takeshi kitano movies from japan is there any similar titles i should give a go.

Thanks

Similar to what Nicklord? Which Kitano film got you interested in him? Once I know that, I'll try to give you a few recommendations.

Takeshi Kitano movies are a "drop in the bucket" of Japanese cinema. :squigglemouth: Since Kitano did ZATOICHI (2003), why don't you check out classic ZATOICHI films with Shintaro Katsu. There were 26 of them from 1962 - 1989. :smile:

You said it WuxiaFan!:bigsmile: The very least of the Shintaro Katsu Zatoichi films still easily rates around a 7.5 out of 10 for me. This series is excellent! You get to know the character so much that you really feel like you know him as a real person. Katsu-san refined and mastered this character throughout the series, and the films are usually good stories, with absolutely jaw-dropping sword battles.

Archived