Buddahs Palm...

lillippa328

maybe because I had the subtitled version....but I go confused quickly.....this is one of the most bizzare things I think I have ever seen....usually I love soem bizzare stuf ( Bastard Swordsmen ftw) but this story lost me....

most of the action I love....and thought was very well done and entertaining....but was I the only one who didnt get much of the story?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only saw the trailer for this and it does indeed look bizarre, almost too much. I am not sure I would be able to sit through this one unless I was heavily medicated.

Are we talking about the Shaw film or the old 1960's Cantonese serial?

The Shaw Brothers film compresses around six hours worth of material into a ninety minute fantasy-fu flick, but that material was still pretty familiar (one assumes) to Hong Kong audiences. In fact, the Mandarin dub contains narration that the Cantonese track doesn't, as Mandarin speaking audiences probably wouldn't have seen the old movies, one assumes.

• Administrator
I am not sure I would be able to sit through this one unless I was heavily medicated.

I actually use this film to medicate myself. :xd: Guaranteed zany times. Yes, a bit complicated, but I managed to follow it. I think it's more of a cool ride where you're enjoying the sights than something where you try too hard to understand the plot.

Archived