Best version of Chinese Connection II on DVD?

Guest Chinatown Kid

Guest Chinatown Kid

I have a copy of the DVD version of CC II that has the nunchucka scenes cut out(must be a UK print) and the pic quality isn't that great either. I was wondering if there is an uncut version out on DVD with better pic quality? I used to have this film on vhs years ago with the nunchucka scenes intack and the pic quality was alot better. If anyone can point me in the direction of a better version I'd appreciate it. :)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killer meteor

I'm told the US DVD is from the same cut master. I have the uncut version - very strange that it's a legit, BBFC approved tape from 1994!

Guest shukocarl

Hey KM how can you spot one of the 1994 tapes? I had a 1992 one(cut) and have the R2 disc...

Cheers

Carl

Guest Markgway
Well Markgway got the same edition and that was cut. I guess I got real lucky.

Yeah, I still owe you a beating for that one! :P

Guest saltysam

i have the old hokushin vhs.haven't watched it in years.is this version uncut?is there no widescreen version out there?

Guest Chinatown Kid

Thanks for the info guys, Killer Meteor if you or anybody else has an uncut version of this movie on DVD-r and would like to do a trade for it please let me know, I really would like to have the uncensored version.

Guest Chinese Sausage

There isn't really a best version of this film. I've posted many times about this in the past. The somewhat blurry fullscreen version seems to be the only one available. Both the UK and US DVD's are exactly the same print.

If someone finds a widescreen version, please let us know!8)

I'm currently at work on a widescreen uncut english dub, and it will possibly be uploaded somewhere on the web. If it does though, i t will be in compressed format (xvid, divx) with a big watermark.

Only 4 or 5 members of the clones of bruce lee forum will have a full uncompressed DVDR.

Watch this space.

this is playing constantly on Kung Fu HD so you may imagine the Quality of that Print... i can only dream how fine it looks

bruceleeclones

Does any members on this forum get that channel? It's shown again on the 21st of November. Return of the Tiger is also shown on the 5th. Id be interested in getting recordings of both movies if anyone can help

Archived