Mulan

fiol

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a Chinese opera with combat scenes. If you like Chinese opera with some action, and you like Ivy Ling Po as a swordswoman, then it's worth it. Also, if you're interested in variations on the Mulan legend. I like opera and Ivy Ling Po and enjoyed this movie. Before DVDs I even had a bad copy on video.

It's a Chinese opera with combat scenes. If you like Chinese opera with some action, and you like Ivy Ling Po as a swordswoman, then it's worth it. Also, if you're interested in variations on the Mulan legend. I like opera and Ivy Ling Po and enjoyed this movie. Before DVDs I even had a bad copy on video.

i find chinese opera interesting and i'm fascinated with this legend.. so i guess i will pick it up on vcd soon!

Thx for the comment! :angel:

Aside from the Disney cartoon and the Shaw Chinese opera, I do not know of any other Mulan film available on DVD. If you google it, you'll just be overwhelmed with sites for the Disney cartoon. There was a 1940 film, Mulan Joins the Army, that was anti-Japanese propaganda, but that one probably isn't easy to find. Jingle Ma's MULAN film should be available soon, and he's now signed up to make a sequel.

Hollywood was gonna remake this with Michele Yeoh and I think Chow Yun Fat possibly trying to recreate the magic of Crouching Tiger.....wonder what went wrong?:neutral:

Archived