Fist of Fury: The Legend of Chen Zhen (2010)

AlbertV

Hmm..it's not looking too good, is it?

Have to say, though, the opening from the new review made me smile:

Watching LEGEND OF THE FIST: RETURN OF CHEN ZHEN is like watching Donnie Yen masturbate to photos of Bruce Lee while staring at himself in a mirror.

:tongue:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok that was 1:24 of kick assness for sure!! I know it's getting mixed reviews to say or write the least....but I'm excited as hell to see this movie!!

Yeah it looks good but I was kinda hoping Donnie wouldn't go back to doing to much of the Wire-Fu in his movies. And I hope this movie isn't going to have the action scenes sped up like in his Fist of Fury movies.

I don't think anything will ever look as bad as that tv series, but remember that was shot on video, not film. Undercranking looks a lot better when the movie is shot on film. In terms of wirework, I won't watch that clip since I'm waiting for the movie itself to see it, but I did notice some wire-assisted stunts in the trailers. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, especially since the movie has a comic-book feel/look to it. Looking at the glimpses of action in the trailers, it looks to be done in a similar style to Dragon Tiger Gate in many ways.

I saw the movie and sorry to say, I was disappointed. There was not much action in it. The film started fairly strong and had a good ending, but most of everything in between was mostly talk. I enjoy the fighting, but it's hard to really enjoy it after so much talking.

If they threw in 3 more big fight scenes, I would have been happy. They need to stop with all this acting crap. People like him because he can fight...so fight!

Also, the retarded thing is...and I don't know Chinese, but it's like he's a super hero..right? He hardly wore the mask. You hardly see him in it, except a few times.

Don't look forward to this! Piece of crap.

They had wire fights...though they had few fighting. It looks pretty corny too. A lot of it is amazing as well. Unfortunately, most of the movie is just talk talk talk talk talk. Still better than Body Guard and ASsassins.

Yeah it looks good but I was kinda hoping Donnie wouldn't go back to doing to much of the Wire-Fu in his movies. And I hope this movie isn't going to have the action scenes sped up like in his Fist of Fury movies.

Just by watching this, it's kinda like you saw half of the fighting in the movie...lol. Okay, half is too much, but 33%.

Short preview of the opening war scene.

tVZJxceN-dY

If you expect crap...your expectation is too high.

wow..I think that was abit over-the-top-harsh. sounds like the person the reviewed this was expecting the second-coming of christ.

Wow......ok Sen Pai I think we get that you didn't like the movie. :tongue:

I'm still looking forward to it, I have to see things with my own eyes to judge of course.

lol sen-pai nice review...:tongue:

first off,hes not a superhero lol and I like abit of dialogue at times. It can give more reasoning and meaning to the fightscenes.

I'll watch it myself to judge.

Shame they advertised this movie with mostly action. Its 70% drama 30% action. Not all that 30% being of Martial arts action. Twitch reviewer called it the worst movie of the year among other things. It is not Donnie's best it sure as hell isn't hes worst.

Legend-of-Chen-Zhen%202010.jpg

Shame they advertised this movie with mostly action. Its 70% drama 30% action. Not all that 30% being of Martial arts action. Twitch reviewer called it the worst movie of the year among other things. It is not Donnie's best it sure as hell isn't hes worst.

Hmm, Grady Hendrix hated it, and Devin Faraci and Capone writing at AICN (fuck a link) jizzed their pants over it. One of these sources is infinitely more credible than the other. And can write better. And runs the New York Asian Film Festival.

(And that poster is a font change and a Well Go logo away from framing material. Well done.)

• Administrator
they really put that comment by hendrix on there???

I think that poster was a fan-made joke.

Ditto Rythm-X's comment about Grady's writing. Talented guy.

Honestly Donnie is at the top of his game, I cannot see this movie as being a failure, as the critics have been so blatant about it. It going to have to come from us die hard fans to really see what we think about this movie. And I'm sure we're going to be split on it like every other movie that we review. Just look at Ong -Bak #2 half of everyone on here hated it, and the rest loved it! So that's my point.

Archived