Fist of Fury: The Legend of Chen Zhen (2010)

AlbertV

lillippa328

^Awsome!!!!!

hey, why do they keep trying to cast Donnie with these love type angels? lol...just let the man fight!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lillippa328

Donnie shoulda been Kato lol

hey, is Andrew Lau and Andy Lau same person?I never knew

lillippa328
No. Andrew Lau is a director and cinematographer.

yea didnt think they were the same, it always just crossed my mind when hearing Andrew Lau...like "Maybe andy directs sometimes"

Chinese Cinema can be really confusing....lol...

New Donnie Yen Film Hits Cannes

A trailer for the upcoming Chinese kung fu film "Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen" staring Donnie Yen has been screened at the Cannes Film Festival, M1905.com reports.

The 11-minute trailer, tailor-made to introduce the film to European audiences, attracted huge crowds every time it was screened. The film's poster was also featured on the cover of "Screen International" magazine.

Donnie Yen's appearance in the trailer mimics that of Bruce Lee. The love story that plays out between Yen's Chen Zhen and Shu Qi's character is also a huge draw.

The film cost 120 million yuan (US$17.6 million) to make and is aiming for a box office haul of 500 million yuan (US$ 73.2 million).

"Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen" will open globally on September 23.

http://english.cri.cn/6666/2010/05/17/2482s570176.htm

yea didnt think they were the same, it always just crossed my mind when hearing Andrew Lau...like "Maybe andy directs sometimes"

Chinese Cinema can be really confusing....lol...

This may be of use :)

Andy Lau, the actor is Lau Tak-Wah

Andrew Lau, the director/cinematographer is Lau Wai-Keung

One of the biggest names of cinema, Tony Leung, I know of four!!!

Tony Leung Chiu-Wai...he's the one in Infernal Affairs, Gorgeous

Tony Leung Kar-Fai...he's the one in Jackie Chan's The Myth

Tony Leung Siu-Hung...he's Leung Siu-Lung's little brother, former kung fu film star and chairman of the Hong Kong Stuntman Association

Tony Leung Hung-Wah...he directed the film Vampire Controller and is also an actor and producer

The English name can be a confusing thing, but always try to find their Chinese name and you are good to go :bigsmile:

I wonder if Donnie will use the nunchaku at any point in this film?! I hope so! I remember seeing a promo/behind the scenes for Flash Point before it came out, where a nunchaku was shown being practiced with, but there never ended up being any in the film of course. Legend of the Fist would be the appropriate film to include it in, and a perfect opportunity to incorporate it into Donnie's continously elevating choreography. one of those articles mentioned this would open globally on Sept. 23rd, that can't possibly be right. Oct. 1st is the HK release, I'd be surprised if this opened up anywhere outside of Asia this year.

lillippa328
This may be of use :)

Andy Lau, the actor is Lau Tak-Wah

Andrew Lau, the director/cinematographer is Lau Wai-Keung

One of the biggest names of cinema, Tony Leung, I know of four!!!

Tony Leung Chiu-Wai...he's the one in Infernal Affairs, Gorgeous

Tony Leung Kar-Fai...he's the one in Jackie Chan's The Myth

Tony Leung Siu-Hung...he's Leung Siu-Lung's little brother, former kung fu film star and chairman of the Hong Kong Stuntman Association

Tony Leung Hung-Wah...he directed the film Vampire Controller and is also an actor and producer

The English name can be a confusing thing, but always try to find their Chinese name and you are good to go :bigsmile:

wow, i only knew of 2 Tony Leungs...i will deff. look for their chinese name....which is still a little confusing since they have the cantonese and mandarin, lol but ill get it down! Thanks!

Donnie Yen Making New Moves for The Return of Chen Zhen

-- The Return of Chen Zhen --

Donnie Yen writes on his blog on Sina saying that it's no mean a task achieving a breakthrough in the choreography for Legend of the Fist: Return of Chen Zhen, considering how many such productions were made. There wasn't a moment when his mind wasn't filled with thoughts on plotting out the action scenes and the moves, and he even suffered from insomnia during the shoot as a result.

Nunchakus, flying kicks at the Japanese dojo are obligatory, and taking bold moves, he combines Jeet Kune Do with MMA, before infusing them into creative, yet practical combat elements, and hopes to pay tribute to Bruce Lee through this. There is no task that cannot be accomplished, as long as one has the determination and willpower. And he gained a major inspiration prior, during and after the shoot.

After sliming down for Ip Man, he had to gain back his weight in a short time, as well as toning his muscles for the character of Chen Zhen. To keep himself in tip-top condition, he would get up an hour earlier to do push-ups. Can a 46 year-old be as fit as a 31 year-old? Yes, Donnie Yen is glad to say that, and he did it.

In terms of acting, Donnie Yen has to completely put down Ip Man's humble, scholarly, gentlemanly grandmaster, to play a complex character with multiple identities - a roguish, unrestrained nightclub boss by day, a righteous Black Mask by night, while in reality, he is a hot-blooded revolutionary.

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/828-Donnie-Yen-Making-New-Moves-for-Return-of-Chen-Zhen.html

TibetanWhiteCrane

The plot seems to be a little out there, but seriously, this looks like a kickass flick, that scholarly reviewers will hate, and fun loving action fans will... well, love!

Chen Zhen is hit with buyers

Sales News

Hong Kong studio Media Asia (寰亞電影有限公司) had a buoyant Cannes, striking significant deals for its slate of upcoming films.

Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen (精武風雲 陳真) was licensed to Well Go USA for North America, to Splendid for Germany and Benelux, United King for Israel, to Horizon Film Int’l for Turkey and to Galaxy Studio for Vietnam.

(The film was previously licensed to TF1 for France and to Metrodome in the UK, with other deals in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Indonesia and China also in the bag.)

Chen Zhen stars Donnie Yen (甄子丹), currently the hottest star in Asia after his return to form in Ip Man (葉問) and Ip Man 2 (葉問2). Media Asia screened 11 minutes of action footage at its offices in Cannes. Confirmed China release is now set as 23 Sept.

The company’s two Thai pickups 9 Temples (9 วัด) and My Best Bodyguard were licensed to He Production for Singapore and to Ram Entertainment for Malaysia and Indonesia.

Life Without Principle, Punished, A Beautiful Life and Don’t Go Breaking My Heart were all licensed to Golden Screen Cinemas for Malaysian release, with United King also taking Punished for Israel.

http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/chen-zhen-is-hit-with-buyers

Archived