The Exterminator Films

AlbertV

I remember as a kid seeing these two films about a vigilante Vietnam War vet in New York City. The first film had a very crazy prologue that took place during the war with a nasty beheading. Steve James played a friend of the "Exterminator" John Eastland, who gets attacked, hence triggers Eastland's rage of justice.

Exterminator 2 was one of my favorite 80's films because his weapon of choice was usually the flame thrower plus you had Mario Van Peebles as the main villain, simply named "X".

Well, we all know what happened to Steve James, but I just found out last month, "The Exterminator" himself, Robert Ginty, died of cancer at the age of 60. Now I feel I may need to track these films down and pay tribute to him by watching these two films.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drunkenmaster

"The Exterminator " is available on a budget label in the UK. You can pick it up from most places for under £3. I bouhgt a copy years ago. Sadly I don't remember the follow up ever getting a DVD release here. It may only be available on VHS.

I don't know if these are available on region 1 in the USA?

I remember seeing the 1st. movie when I was about 10yrs old, I thought it was cool as hell! But I don't remember the sequel at all.

I actually caught the sequel dubbed in Spanish on Telemundo here a few months ago. I remember when Eastland uses mainly the flame thrower but he did use a big ot the good ol' machine gun a bit.

Last movie I saw Robert Ginty in was Lady Dragon with Cynthia Rothrock and Richard Norton.

I still can't believe he died though...forever live "The Exterminator" :D

odioustrident

I remember thinking Mario Van Peebles (X!!!) was the coolest guy I had ever seen. He is basically doing some interpretive dance the entire movie.

Archived