Gordon Liu Martial Collection

BlackLamaFaction

BlackLamaFaction

I recently picked this five pack DVD set up. Two of the films in the package were good but of pretty low quality and I don't think the titles are original. Does anyone know what the original titles are to the following films or are they the original titles after all.

Mantis In The Monkey's Shadow- Wong Tao, Chang Yi, Li Kun

Snake in The Crane's Shadow- Shek Tin, Lung Chun Erh, Wai Tze Yuen

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlackLamaFaction

Yeah Inframan it is the Video Asia set the quality isn't perfect but it's definitely watchable, the movies are:

Shaolin Invincible Sticks

Mantis In the Monkey's Shadow

The Rivals Of Silver Fox

Death Duel of Mantis

Snake in the Crane's Shadow

I enjoyed all the films, Mantis in Monkey's Shadow/Phantom Kung Fu was the best in my opinion. So for 19.99 I would recommend it. Thanks TDB for the info I couldn't find either title on HKcinemagic where I usually find them.

Is Gordon Liu even in any of those films? I picked up a Video Asia DVD once where he was used as a special feature. He introduced the movie and had an interview and Hung Gar demo in the special features. He wasn't in the movie at all.

DeathFuMaster
Is Gordon Liu even in any of those films? I picked up a Video Asia DVD once where he was used as a special feature. He introduced the movie and had an interview and Hung Gar demo in the special features. He wasn't in the movie at all.

Videoasia seemed to use that specialy feature a lot, I think it was on their Dance of the Drunken Mantis dvd.

As far as the collection, I was curious about the titles on it. I think the Martial Arts Essentials collections that videoasia are coming out with lately are actually really good comparted to previous efforts. The next one coming out is Drunken Fist or Drunken Boxing collection...no details on the titles on it though.

BlackLamaFaction

Yeah, Gordon Liu just comes on at the end of each film, gets in a stance and yells "VideoAsia". I guess he gets compensated for his name. I will say that Video Asia was not misleading about Gordon Liu being in the films. He's listed clearly on the box as the host and they list the actors on the box of each seperate film, so at least you know what your getting. I was suprised how young Gordon Liu still looks. The production date on the collection says 2005.

Archived