Vengeance Video questions

Guest Randypan

Guest Randypan

I noticed while going throught the racks at HMV,that some new Vengeance releases have remastered subtitles.Does anyone know if the sub jobs are any good or are they as bad as the mispellings on the back covers?!

Also,has anyone got any views on the following releases? It's been a long time since i've had some classic kung fu in my life,am out of touch with the genre,but i'm really up for some and i noticed these ones the other day!

Any help would be appreciated!

Drunken Dragon

My Blade My Life

Tiger Over Wall

Shaolin Youth Posse

Face Behind The Mask

Gold Connection

The Dragon,The Hero

Snake and Crane Secret

Zombie Rivals

Thanks!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killer meteor

Gold Connection is Mandarin with optional subs. However, the dialogue jumps to English or out altogether at points

Guest JustinB123

I just watched My Blade, My Life and the subtitles are quite good. There are occasional spelling errors, but nothing too distracting.

Guest Markgway
Gold Connection is Mandarin with optional subs. However, the dialogue jumps to English or out altogether at points

I take it that means the film is probably uncut then?

Guest Vorvadoss

Im curious about Vengeance releases as well.. How does there "Invincible Armour" compare to the R1 release from Ventura/Video Asia?

And this one also caught my eye.. Ive never seen it before, is it worth a purchase?

18 Jade Claws Of Shaolin

Guest Chan Wah Shun

I though the VideoAsia dvd was just a boot of the VV one, hence the bad pal to ntsc speed up.

Guest dager in the cotton

I take it that means the film is probably uncut then?

no there are a lot of scenes missing , the mandarin version has an extra ko fei fight, and a different ending but has many fights missing that are in the english,

Guest dager in the cotton

Li lives and the smauglesrs get arrested and the blcl gunman gets shot, I prefrred the english vers, I reckon that ending was for Taiwan, and singapore markets where they would not allow the smugglers to win,

Guest Markgway

I suppose that explains why the Mandarin dialogue disappears at times.

Is the English dub the same as the HK version then if not the Taiwanese?

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Is Vengeance's My Blade My Life in fullscreen and dubbed in English?

How's the quality? Is it from a worn print?

Guest JustinB123

The Vengeance version of My Blade, My Life is full screen and in Mandarin with "re-mastered" subtitles. It's been awhile since I watched this, but I don't remember there being any huge problems with the picture.

BTW, according to Toby Russell, Vengeance will be releasing Pearl Cheung's Phoenix the Assassin (aka Phoenix the Ninja aka Miraculous Flower) in the near future.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, I know that Toby closed down vengeance... but does anyone have a complete listing of there releases?

thanks

Archived