One-armed & other crippled fighting movies

Guest Brad Harris

Guest Brad Harris

I'm a huge fan of this particular subgenre and been trying to compile a list of films, but it's obviously incomplete so I'd appriciate some help!(Really minor disabilities/bit part roles don't count).

Jimmy Wang Yu one-armed:

The One-Armed Swordsman (1967) dvd

Return of the One-Armed Swordsman (1969) dvd

One-Armed Boxer (1971) bootleg dvd of the R2J, Joy Sales coming

Zatoichi Meets the One-Armed Swordsman (1971) dvd

Master of the Flying Guillotine (1976) dvd

One-Armed Swordsmen (1976) poor quality dvd

One-Armed Swordsman Against Nine Killers (1976) poor quality dvd

Point the Finger of Death (1977) ws Dutch vhs

(+ Iron Man, where Jimmy's arm is replaced with prosthetic black glove)

Other one-armed movies:

One-Armed Magic Nun (1969) -, Title character just supporting with a very brief fight

New One-Armed Swordsman (1968 ) dvd

The Crimson Charm (1971), dvd - Ivy Ling Po is a one armed swordswoman

One-Armed Swordswoman (1974) -

Six Kung Fu Heroes (1977) PanMedia boot, one of the heroes is one-armed

Heroine in Tribulation (1981) -, features a one-armed woman

Emperor of Shaolin Kung Fu (1981) OOP Tai Seng dvd, features a one-armed woman

The Shaolin Drunken Monk 1982, Tai Seng dvd, features a one-armed guy

What Price Survival (aka One-Armed Swordsman '94, 1994) dvd, not really any one-armed action

One Arm Hero (1994) dvd, Is this of any interest?

The Blade (1995) dvd

Crippled fighting movies:

Deaf & Mute Heroine (1971) unwatchable OOP Ventura dvd, shitty tape

The Crippled Avengers (1978 ) dvd

The Four Invicibles (1979) Xenon/Ground Zero dvd

Fighting Life (1980) OOP Brentwood 'Kung Fu Crusade' dvd set - the "Crippled Masters" duo

Crippled Kung Fu Boxer (1981) ws Vengeance dvd, Tai Seng dvd (as Ninja Supremo, fullscreen) - hunchback fighter

Crippled Masters (1982) poor quality dvd

Drunken Arts & Crippled Fist (1983) Vengeance & OOP Ground Zero dvd

Raiders of Wu Tang (1984) UK EH dvd & PanMedia boot - "Crippled Masters" duo supporting

The Crippled Heaven (1988??) -, The "Crippled Masters" duo

Blind fighters (as one of the main characters/a major plot point):

Sword of Swords (1968 ) dvd - Jimmy Wang Yu loses eyesight

I'd like some more information on these following titles. How do they fit in this subcategory, etc:

(One-armed flicks: )

Mask of Vengeace (1980) Venom Mob dvd, the villain is one-armed but is there any one-armed fighting?

Long Step Mantis (1982) Ground Zero dvd, The villain is one-armed?

(Other disabilites [?]):

The Thunderbolt Fist (1972) dvd, Any cripple fights?

My Kung Fu 12 Kicks (1979) Tai Seng dvd, Listed at HKFlix in the disabilites category?

Any additions and comments with disabilities indications and availability info would be appriciated! Thanks.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Monkey King 2000

Just one more Jimmy Wang Yu film to add, where he loses his sight instead of an arm. Sword of Swords (1968) DVD. Very good film, with very good sword play especially for its day.

Guest MANOZEN

Hi ,

The UK dvd version of Crippled Kung Fu Boxer is a widescreen print and definately fits your sub-genre ! Also worth including Drunken Arts & Crippled Fist, as for versions I am not sure what the best bet would be in respect of any given dvd release ?

MANOZEN

717620_DV_L_F.jpg

Guest MANOZEN

Hi ,

Point the Finger of Death aka One Arm Chivalry vs One Arm Chivalry is not a golden harvest film . Well worth checking out though, there is a widescreen dutch vhs version in circulation ...

Another contribution that your selection should include is the classic Deaf and Mute Heroine, this has been released on both dvd and vhs, apparently both not very good quality !

bae2828fd7a096eb77f01110.L.jpg

MANOZEN

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

Don't forget Jimmy Wang Yu only has one hand in THE IRON MAN. Fortunately 1970s medical technology was advanced enough to have it replaced with a prosthetic that looks exactly like an ordinary human hand in a black glove.

Guest dager in the cotton

the 'Armless swordsman" and "One legged fiend" were a scream,

but my all time fave Crippled flim has to be" The four invincibles", this ranks as one of the madest films ever made

Guest rdenn

what about cripped heaven from the same 2 lead from crippled masters the villian in this movie has a hunchback.

In "One-Armed Magic Nun" the title character only has a supporting role, and only does a few seconds of fighting, which consists of jumping around and swishing her horse-tail wand (or whatever those things are called).

In "Six Kung Fu Heroes", one of the six heroes has a missing hand (for real).

There are also a number of films where a character has a hand or leg cut off, and replaced with a metal version that is much better than the original, but I suppose those films don't really count in your category, since the metal version makes them much stronger (not weaker) than a normal person.

Guest dager in the cotton

what about cripped heaven from the same 2 lead from crippled masters the villian in this movie has a hunchback

True and what about the other one they did Fighting Life when one of them got kicked downstairs- classic

Guest Brad Harris

Thanks to all, updated the first post with the info.

I had the Venture Martial Arts 10-pack which included Deaf & Mute Heroine, but the quality was so bad it was unwatchable, all motion became blurred pixel mess.

I recall Point the Finger of Death dvd was about to come out from Crash (?) a few years ago, but never did... Hopefully some day in the near future.

Is Wang Yu's Iron Man the same movie as Iron Fist Adventures?

In Heroine of Tribulation, is the one armed woman (Polly Shang-Kwan?) the main character?

And no, I'm not really after movies with replaced limbs (Enter the Dragon etc), but films where a fighter has some kind of major disabilty.

Is Wang Yu's Iron Man the same movie as Iron Fist Adventures?

No.

n Heroine of Tribulation, is the one armed woman (Polly Shang-Kwan?) the main character?

Yes. And she is tutored by a no-arm guy.

No, IRON MAN ADVENTURES is an entirely different film in which Jimmy sports a full complement of extremities.

No, IRON MAN ADVENTURES is an entirely different film in which Jimmy sports a full complement of extremities.

Can't say that about many films eh? :lol

Guest monwobobbo

there's a dragon lee film where he loses a leg and has it replaced with an iron leg. i think its called CHAMP vs CHAMP

Nancy Yen loses an arm (to her father!) in EMPEROR OF SHAOLIN KUNG FU, and Philip Ko plays a one-armed fighter in Judy Lee's REVENGEFUL SWORDSWOMAN. Somebody gets prosthetic limbs in FEARLESS FIGHTERS, although I can't remember who.

Secret Executioner

Golden Ninja Invasion:

the Thai movie into which the Ninja scenes are spliced (wish I knew the title) sees Sorapong Chatree gets his right arm cut off (with a buzz saw !!!) and has his hand replaced with some weird mechanical hand.

badninjas5.jpg

They chop off his arm...

badninjas13.jpg

...only the hand is replaced...

badninjas49.jpg

...and it's got some uncanny abilities. Logic, what's that ?!

(pictures taken from the Nanarland review of the movie)

Archived