Jackie Chan and the 36 cracked fingers

GoldenFist

First off, I've watched this film and I was very confused. I don't know if my copy is not a real one or something, but my movie didn't star Jackie Chan at all. It starred a guy who looked like him and had the same hair cut, but that's it. I know some companies advertise a star in a movie their not in, but for god sakes it says Jackie Chan! Lol if anyone can help, I'd be thankful.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you mean Jackie Chan and the 36 Crazy Fists, Chan was only the martial arts choreographer. The film starred Tony Leung Siu-Hung and Sammy Lau, both younger brothers of two legends. Leung is the younger brother of Leung Siu-Lung and Lau is the younger brother of Lau Kar-Leung. The film also had Ku Feng, Fung Hark-On, and as the main villain the always great to watch Yen Shi-Kwan (Yam Sai-Koon).

Thanks for the mix up shapes...I know Sammy Lau (Liu Chia Yung) was related...I thought he was their youngest brother LOL

Phew!

Anyone, I liked this movie. Tony Leung Siu-Hung was good as was Sammy Lau. Even liked Rambo Kong as their teacher (the beggar).

i hate movies that say they star an actor and they have a bit part and die in 10 seconds are they were eating at the waffle house across the lot and bumped into the director so they stuck their picture on the cover to try to net some profit.. this movie is one of the very few that are worth a crap like that. pray to the fu heavens you didnt get rumble in honk kong or snake in the eagles claw 2 they became kosters in my house real quick

From talking to Rambo Kong, its always seemed like Jackie pretty much only came in to choreograph the 'Against the Red' footage...which could explain why the only footage of Jackie connected to the film seems to be the dodgy behind the scenes footage..man i wish i could find a crystal version...i showed the behind the scenes to Kong and he'd never seen it...

i hate movies that say they star an actor and they have a bit part and die in 10 seconds are they were eating at the waffle house across the lot and bumped into the director so they stuck their picture on the cover to try to net some profit.. this movie is one of the very few that are worth a crap like that. pray to the fu heavens you didnt get rumble in honk kong or snake in the eagles claw 2 they became kosters in my house real quick

It's a major trend Bus...especially when it comes to Jackie Chan. As mentioned "Rumble in Hong Kong" was actually Police Woman, in which he played a bad guy and the real stars were Charlie Chin and Yuen Qiu. Snake in the Eagle's Shadow 2 is actually "Snaky Knight Fight Against Mantis" and the distributors purposely put the Chan footage from SITES to make it look like a sequel. They also pulled this with "Drunken Fist Boxing", in which the beginning had scenes from the Drunken Master finale but is actually "The Story of Drunken Master", in which Simon Yuen's Beggar So returned and had three new students, played by Sharon Yeung (Pan-Pan), Casanova Wong, and Yuen Lung-Chu.

drunkenmaster

Chow Yun Fat was so cool back in the golden days of HK cinema. I quite like "The Postman Fights Back " Ronnie Yu throws everything into the mix and Leung Kar-Yan is reliable as ever in the lead role. :wink:

From talking to Rambo Kong, its always seemed like Jackie pretty much only came in to choreograph the 'Against the Red' footage...which could explain why the only footage of Jackie connected to the film seems to be the dodgy behind the scenes footage..man i wish i could find a crystal version...i showed the behind the scenes to Kong and he'd never seen it...

That's so interesting...I'm glad to see Rambo Kong coming back in Michael Biehn's Blood Bond (been reading Bey Logan's blogs on AliveNotDead) and it is nice that even though his scenes are done, he is staying behind to give Mike quite a "crack" now and again. :D

Archived