Red Cliff coming to Theaters (Limited) & VOD in Nov

nectarsis

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's cool...this will be the combined shorter cut of John Woo's epic film. I had the pleasure of seeing the original Asian 2-part version and it is totally worth the near 5 hours.

DeathFuMaster

I will wait for the two separtate releases to come out on DVD, but the shorter cut should reach a wider audience.

The longer cuts have been available on dvd and blu ray for ages from Hong Kong, region free also i seem to remember.

Yeah I know, but I meant the US release. Sorry for not specifying.

You'd probably be better off getting the HK versions because there's a good chance the R1 release won't be as good. I have the Blu-Rays and they look awesome (aside from the annoying watermark on the first movie).

The US release will be 148 minutes ( a little over 2 hours) while the longer cut is almost 5 hours. Trimming this down to 2 1/2 hour - an entire storyline was cut as well as significantly shorten scenes.

I am still waiting on the special edition 2 disc blu-ray I ordered to arrive.

Is it possible they could release this film to more theaters? As of now its only playing in 20 or so theaters! I would love to see this on the big screen even if it is edited down.

I don't like the idea of watching 2 hours of battle scenes. It might be in interest of making money, but the recut is still rather distasteful, imo.

Archived