Kung Fu Hero (2010)

AlbertV

I mentioned this in another thread for the film TAI CHI TIGER. However, Tiger Chen has announced at a press conference that he will be making his star debut in KUNG FU HERO while TAI CHI TIGER is still in the pre-production stage.

With that said, I felt an appropriate new thread for KUNG FU HERO should be made :)

A press conference was held earlier today to commemorate production on KUNG FU HERO. Co-directing the film will be Ning Ying and Yuen Cheung-Yan, who are pulling a Corey Yuen/Louis Leterrier TRANSPORTER collaboration with Ning handling all the drama and Yuen choreographing the film.

Chen plays a man who doesn't have many friends but that all changes when he meets a foreign kid and together, they become friends and fulfill not only the kid's dreams but his own as well. The film co-stars Jiang Meng Jie and Lin Shen. Hollywood actor Keanu Reeves is one of the film's executive producers, helping finance the film as a big favor for Tiger Chen, who was actually Reeves' martial arts instructor for the MATRIX trilogy. While Yuen Woo-Ping handled the overall training, it was Tiger who coached Reeves into learning the necessary moves for the trilogy and in return for his kung fu training, Reeves taught Chen English and acting.

Here's a pic of Tiger Chen and Jiang Meng Jie at the press conference, courtesy of SINA.

2009_10_08_03_Kungfu_Hero_sn.jpg

KUNG FU HERO is coming out Summer 2010.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Yuen Woo-Ping handled the overall training, it was Tiger who coached Reeves into learning the necessary moves for the trilogy and in return for his kung fu training, Reeves taught Chen English and acting.

Reeves teaching ANYONE acting *giggles profusely*.

I had the impression that TAI CHI TIGER was the original name of the production before it was changed to KUNG FU HERO, rather than there being two films.

Okay I'm still waiting for a DVD release of this

Here's a photo I found when production wrapped last year

news120310-2pic.jpg

One Armed Boxer
Was there ever a dvd release? Has anyone ever seen this movie?

Twitch posted an article a few months back stating this had a July 19th release date in China, so a DVD release shouldn't be so far away. -

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/06/tiger-chen-is-a-chinese-superhero-in-kung-fu-man-trailer.html

Although the fact that the movie has been shelved for what must be around 3 years is never a good sign. Looks like it might be following a similar route that Jet Li's 'The Master' took, when it was only released after Li became popular due to 'Once Upon a Time in China', except in Tiger Chen's case it's 'Man of Tai Chi'.

Trailer below -

Jc87eY6ev4s

Corny, silly, annoying. That white kid, I wanna curse. What an annoying movie. Tiger Chen is a good screen fighter. Get Kung Fu out of the title. Just like Kung Fu Fighter, it's mostly punches and kicks but not kickboxing. The wires make no sense. Probably 2 spots where they were ok, the rest made no sense and were stupid. Tiger is good and can go but there's nothing dope here to cling to and the movie is, stupid.

Archived