Bronson 2009' Movie

daisho2004

I got to watch this movie the other night and all I can say it was Brutal, I did enjoy how he told his own story in a comedic one Man stage show. If you like Prison movies that are true stories then you'll enjoy this one...

synopsis:

Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn paints this brutally violent portrait of Britain's most notorious prisoner, Charles Bronson (born Michael Peterson and later re-named by his fight promoter) - who has spent 34 years of his life in prison, and 28 of those in solitary confinement, during which time he has gained a fearsome reputation as one of the world’s toughest and most dangerous convicts. He has been locked in dungeons, in iron boxes cemented into the middle of cells, and in a cage much like that used on Hannibal Lecter. Yet Charlie is a man of great warmth and humor who has—despite perpetrating numerous kidnappings—never killed anyone. He lives by a strict moral code and is respected and admired by prison officers and prisoners alike.

As a teenager in the early 1970s, Bronson is jailed for seven years after robbing a post office. During his sentence he becomes increasingly violent and re-styles himself as a hardened criminal, convinced that his new persona will bring him the notoriety and fame he craves.

41HjbHrUIxL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this but not watched it yet. I enjoyed the director's previous films, the Pusher Trilogy and Bleeder. Looking forward to his upcoming viking epic Valhalla Rising.

I don't know why this movie has not been discussed more?! This movie was amazing! Tom hardy put in one of the best acting performances I have seen in a long time. The movie was brutal/funny/entertaining/original.. This is one of the better movies I have seen. I watched it a few years ago but just re watched it again and had to purchase it. If any of you have not seen this.. I recommend it NOW

I don't know why this movie has not been discussed more?! This movie was amazing! Tom hardy put in one of the best acting performances I have seen in a long time. The movie was brutal/funny/entertaining/original.. This is one of the better movies I have seen. I watched it a few years ago but just re watched it again and had to purchase it. If any of you have not seen this.. I recommend it NOW

Refn makes some good movies. Bronson was all of what you said above. It's got one of my favorite openings ever and it was the beginning of my fascination with Tom Hardy. But yeah, the Pusher trilogy was fantastic (2 being my favorite of Refn's movies), Bronson's great, and we all know Drive was great.

I also enjoyed his movie "Valhalla rising" not the biggest fan of pusher or "only god can forgive" but I loved drive.. Still Bronson is by far my favorite. I love his use of the red colors.

I enjoyed Valhalla Rising to a point. I'm not in love with it, but there's a tension there that I can appreciate and it's gorgeous to look at, and Mads Mikkelsen is a BEAST. One-Eye was fascinating to me and I could have watched him all day, the second half just wasn't as interesting for me as the first. I think I like it more than I'm giving it credit for, if I'm honest with myself...I need to give it another look.

I didn't really know what to make of Only God Forgives, and I was so excited to see it.

Archived