spy next door trailer..

cooksandkungfoodle

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'll see it because I like Jackie Chan, I like George Lopez and if I know my 3-year old daughter, she will definitely like see Sportacus...even if he is the bad guy.

From what I remember, the stunt choreography is done this time by Wu Gang, who has been in the JC Stunt Team for a decade now. Wu also trained Jaden Smith for Kung Fu Kid and is that film's fight choreographer too. Plus, the film marks the return of JC Stunt Team member Paul Andreovski, who I wouldn't be surprised if he doubled the bad guy.

Guest Markgway

Slick trailer... but I think it's aimed at kiddies rather than 'we' adults. Could be a not-too-painful way to spend 90 mins with your little ones. My expectations are pretty low though... Also a January release doesn't inspire confidence. That's when all the films the studios felt weren't good enough for the build-up to Xmas are slipped out.

yea this is a kids movie deff....but good because the younger generation gets to c jackie chan and hopefully will go look into his older stuff

DeathFuMaster

Im not sure if I will watch this. It looks like a good family movie, but kinda reminds me of the Pacifier. I may give it a rental when it comes out.

Guest Markgway
Gotta love Jackie's character name though: Bob Ho!

Just makes me laugh everytime I even say it.

Jackie doesn't look like a 'Bob' to me. Cecil maybe.

Originally he was to be called Got Fat Kok but the producers felt that wasn't suitable for a PG movie. :tongue:

Everyone is being very nice about that trailer. Am I the only person who thinks it looks pants? :tongue: I mean, I love watching a good kids movie but that just looks awful and incredibly derivative.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Pants indeed....! (whatever the fuck "pants" means, but im guessing it's bad)

Wouldn't watch this if you paid me!

Guest Markgway

Limped into US theatres with a paltry $9.7M weekend take. No.6 in the chart (which is poor for a big new release). Expect it to drop out of the top ten within the next two weeks. Without Chris Tucker Jackie can't score a hit. Sad, but true.

another crappy movie from JC... it should stop duing these kind of flicks.. they are just awful, and without Tucker ,Chan means nothing in the US (or western countries in general) :xd:

Guest Markgway
another crappy movie from JC... it should stop duing these kind of flicks.. they are just awful, and without Tucker ,Chan means nothing in the US (or western countries in general) :xd:

Actually, just the US. Tucker couldn't get himself arrested in Europe.

Limped into US theatres with a paltry $9.7M weekend take. No.6 in the chart (which is poor for a big new release). Expect it to drop out of the top ten within the next two weeks. Without Chris Tucker Jackie can't score a hit. Sad, but true.

bet the karate kid will do very well...

i swear the ignorance of some people smh....

ITS A KIDDIE MOVIE! For fucks sake! Its not a KUNG FU MOVIE! Its not supposed 2 have the best fight scenes its supposed 2 have corney jokes and fights for little kids to laugh at for no reason!!

The Karate Kid will be more of a family movie...and i bet that will be better....but still, neither of these movies are kung fu movies!

stop complaining...the guy is an actor....he gets roles, he takes them, he gets paid...who cares if he does a terrible kiddie movie...hes getting a huge check!! Let the man eat! Let the man have money!! He is one of the nicest people in the world and has donated so much to needy kids and families in the past, let the man get all the money in the world and i bet the world will be a better place!

just wait for some of his other project like Little Big Soldier, Armor of God 3 and Shaolin before yall throw salt on the man...shit...

People shouldn't change their standards just because it's a kids movie. Around the World in 80 Days was a kids movie also, and that was actually a fun movie. The Spy Next Door is embarassingly terrible from beginning to end, and judging by the (non) reaction by the kids in the audience, it couldn't even keep the young ones entertained.

Let the man eat! Let the man have money!! He is one of the nicest people in the world and has donated so much to needy kids and families in the past, let the man get all the money in the world and i bet the world will be a better place!

It's not like Jackie is a struggling actor. He is a multi-millionaire and simply doesn't need to do productions like this, which sully his name with fans, and make studios think he isn't marketable. It's just bad for his career for him to take roles like this.

It's not like Jackie is a struggling actor. He is a multi-millionaire and simply doesn't need to do productions like this, which sully his name with fans, and make studios think he isn't marketable. It's just bad for his career for him to take roles like this.

Word to the wise....Jackie is NOT marketable in America....neither is Jet Li...Tony Jaa isnt...Donnie Yen isnt...none of them are marketable in America past the audience of martial arts fans....are they worthy? More than enough!!! But unless theyre co-starring in somthing, theyre not getting roles...if they do bring one of their movies over...its only limited release...extremely limited....good ol' USA!

even when Jackie and Jet, the 2 of the 3 biggest names in martial arts cinema history, were in the same movie for the first time ever, they had to have an annoying white kid in the movie hogging up the precious screen time....

Killer Meteor
Saw this yesterday. It's simply awful. Lo Wei-era bad.

I have a review here:

http://hkfilm.net/movrevs4/spynextdoor.htm

The trailer for The Karate Kid looks heinous. Does Jackie need money this badly?

Oi, some of us like the Lo Wei films lol

I think its not bad looking, just bland. Jackie needs to stop pandering to family audiences and bring back his dangerous persona from the days of Police Story.

Archived