Joy Sales? they legit?

Guest HwangDi

Guest HwangDi

I'm wondering this HK distributer are they bootleggers too?

I wanna get a movie called Broken Oath from them (starring Angela Mao!) and the only other version out there I know of is Panmedia's with severly poor audio.

If any you guys/gals got this or any Joy Sales movies hows the quality?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killer meteor

Broken Oath is a very good film - the last Golden Harvest Mandarin film and I think Angela's last for GH. The DVD is OK aside from the standards conversion flaws

Guest Chen Zhen

Broken Oath is an awesome movie. if uve ever seen Lady Snowblood, u'll spot tons of resemblences..while, as a film, its definetely superior, but broken oath is just as fun. angela kicks some major ass in this one..

Guest Markgway

Joy Sales aren't a subsidiary of Fortune Star but they do have the rights to distribute their catalogue in Hong Kong.

Guest chen lung
Not only that they in partner ship with Joysales HK

JS/FS aren't in partnership, it's simply a deal to have the HK (and possibly Macau) DVD/VCD rights to the Fortune Star catologue.

Fortune Star just plain and Simply has the money that other companies dont

Sadly, the money hasn't/isn't entirely being put to good use, and instead, to incompetant DVD producers/authors.

Guest Topgun

It would help to sale more if they have both English and Chinese dubs. I don't have time to read and watch the action at the same times...why don't those producers relize that?

Topgun

Guest chen lung
It would help to sale more if they have both English and Chinese dubs.

Chinese dubs? TBH, Joy Sales aren't at liberty to include English dubs because it's a market for HK/Macau. Infact, we're lucky we're getting subtitles at all (never mind retranslated for some of them).

Archived