Classic Panna Rittikrai

DeathFuMaster

DeathFuMaster

Panna has a lot of old movies and very few are available subbed, let alone dubbed.

This link has lots of VCDs of Panna's films for cheap and free shipping, but no subs(except MABEY one or two according to the screen shots) if anyone is interested.

http://www.ethaicd.com/list.php?catid=1769

Do you think with Jaa's growing popularity, we may get some more of Panna classics?

We have:

Born To Fight '86

Thai Police Story

The Spirited Killer Trilogy(not sure what they are called in Thailand)

Battle Warrior(Mission Hunter 2)

The Bodyguard 1 & 2

Hard Gun

I would love to see more of his older films get proper dvd releases with subs, dubs, or both. I have been watching a lot of these films lately and would like to see more because they are a truly different style of film.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well can anyone name some of the good ones or post some review of any of his films that are on vcd...ive been wanting to pick some up but people are saying that they are so bad...i'm kinda skeptic on it..most of en all can't be that bad if he had a few good ones..

DeathFuMaster

I would start with

Born To Fight '86

Thai Police Story

They come together on DVD if you get the Best Buy version.

The ones on VCD are not subtitled, which sucks.

You can watch The Bodyguard 1&2 on Netflix instant play if you have it. I'd highly recommend, pretty funny stuff. I've got the original Born to Fight on my regular queue. Will have to look for the rest.

Spirited Killer is called Plook mun kuen ma kah 4. There must be a fourth movie out there somewhere.

Anyways, it just puzzles me that it took this long for Panna to get noticed.

DeathFuMaster

Yeah the first three of those are in the link I put up, if you want to see them in Thai. The screen shots look a lot like the spirited killer stuff.

Yeah I can't believe he didn't get famous sooner, I have loved all of the movies I have seen of his so far! If Panna was discovered sooner, Tony Jaa probably wouldn't be as big now.

Spirited Killer is called Plook mun kuen ma kah 4. There must be a fourth movie out there somewhere.

Anyways, it just puzzles me that it took this long for Panna to get noticed.

Well, I have made a discovery watching Spirited Killer 2: Awakened Zombie Battles. This is actually the very 1st Plook mun kuen ma kah (English: Awakened to Kill). There was no number next to the Thai title and the subtitle in English read "Spirited Killers". From the subtitle of Spirited Killer 2, it is pretty much summed up here. It was released in 1987 yet the Mill Creek DVD cover says 1997.

DeathFuMaster
Deathfumaster you should go to this site and ask this question- http://forum.thestuntpeople.com/

There's some members there who know all about those VCDs.

Thanks for the link, I may post this there. I would buy some, but I would feel better if they had english subs.

Death, thanks for the info. Plus, it is interesting to speculate on what would've happened had Panna become big here in the West sooner.

Well, I have made a discovery watching Spirited Killer 2: Awakened Zombie Battles. This is actually the very 1st Plook mun kuen ma kah (English: Awakened to Kill). There was no number next to the Thai title and the subtitle in English read "Spirited Killers". From the subtitle of Spirited Killer 2, it is pretty much summed up here. It was released in 1987 yet the Mill Creek DVD cover says 1997.

So the other one must be either Plook 2 or 3. It's too bad that Plook 4 was released in order to cash in on the Tony Jaa craze. Then, to make things worse, two others are released out of order and called sequels. I only have the original BCI Spirited Killer release.

Yeah...what's sad is that there are a few other members of his stunt team that could have gone on to bigger things...I forgot the name of the guy who played Japanese tourist Shiba in Spirited Killer but he did some great fighting in Spirited Killer 2.

Plus, Banlu Srisaeng (Rittikrai's best friend and longtime collaborator) has the 70's Bruce Leung look going in SK2 plus he is quite a nice kicker.

DeathFuMaster

I agree, we could have a lot of good Thai Action flicks if the stunt team would have became big. I hope hollywood doesn't taint Panna, like it has oh so many others.

Right on! :bigsmile: At least Tony and Dan got somewhere.

Can anyone identify two people in Battle Warrior (Mission Hunter 2)? I would like to know who plays:

- The jungle guide

- The Japanese gangster

One of them may be Banlu Srisaeng since I'm not familiar with him at all.

Like my new avatar....its actually a character from Spirited Killer 2...I loved the face he made trying to act all possessed, but wasn't close. That's why I made this my avatar LOL

I watched Panna's THAI POLICE STORY tonight and really enjoyed it. It is one of his classic 80s "Kick you in the head" type of flicks with no punches pulled. It only runs 57-minutes (!) but the last 27 are nearly all fighting.

Don't expect a good DVD presentation though. It is fullscreen and, surprisingly, dubbed into English. I got the BORN TO FIGHT/THAI POLICE STORY set on eBay for $5 shipped so I feel it was well worth it at $2.50 a movie.

Has anyone seen anything past his most popular films which are the ones previously posted, some say his other films are bad, I have some of them I like everyone else i don't want to take a chance on anything bad...but i'm curious about his other like these...any body know anything about them?

Black Killer

Black Killer 2

Hua Jai Lhek

Kah Mar Kub Puen

Koo Dued

Kuang Ther Mar Plon

Lui Talu Fah

Lum Plern Hod

Mue Prab Song Paen Din

Nuk Kah Nah Yhok

Pah Lhok Ma Lui

Pah Narok Dong Dib

Pee Nuk Rong Nong Nuk Leng

Petch Lui Plerng

Petchakard Lhek

Soo Lui Laek

Tood Mor Rana

Actually, this is incorrect. I wish companies would just reprint stuff as is, instead of changing the titles all the time & making it confusing for everyone. Let me see if I can break it down properly:

Spirited Killer is the 4th in the Plook mun kuen ma kah series. However, the supposed "Spirited Killer trilogy" has 3 films, but they are not the previous films in the Plook series. They are Spirited Killer and two unrelated films (of which I do not know the original titles). I have seen the 1st three Plook movies (purchased from ethaicd) and they are not the ones on the "Spirited Killer Trilogy". The first Plook film was released in 1987. The movies on the Mill Creek DVD were probably released sometime around 1997 (judging by actors' ages, etc.).

Archived