The Deadly Duo US (Media Blasters) Blu-Ray

Ronin

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Link here

Man, I hope this is true. If Media Blasters releases all their Shaw Brothers titles on blu-ray, I will be stoked!

*looks down* Oh dear... I thought that was only supposed to happen when seeing a naked woman... :tinysmile_angry2_t:

*clears throat and crosses legs* Erm, anyway, glad to see someone is not letting BCI's death of Shaw Bros blu-rays go unavenged!

Does that mean hold out on buying the MB Shaw titles, and wait for their Blu's?

:ooh:

I dunno... I mean, Deadly Duo is #4 of their DVD releases, making it seem as if Heroes Two, The Master, and Challenge of the Masters were pushed aside. But didn't they say that they weren't given an HD master for The Master? Huh, a "non-HD Master master". :bigsmile: Anyway, not sure what the issues were in regards to Heroes Two and Challenge of the Masters though.

So all this being said, it doesn't look like all of their DVD releases will get blu-ray upgrades... hell, we're still waiting for a full confirmation of Deadly Duo on Blu.

instant noodles

Christ..I had in past dutch vhs tape.Then updated it to panmedia.After that I picked IVL.But soundtrack was not so good so I bought Media Blasters.And now if Bluray comes out I need to buy it as Deadly Duo is one of my fav movies.*deep sigh*

Of course, blu-ray.com's listing also has the link to Amazon. I imagine the blu-ray art will look the same as the DVD art. I wonder if they'll keep up the spine numbers.

Btw, is Opium and the Kung Fu Master the only SB blu-ray that ever made it out for sale? Life Gamble was "yay close", but I don't count it since apparently it was never for sale.

Media Blasters replied back and said that they will be releasing select Shaw titles on Blu-Ray, beginning with DEADLY DUO. They do not have HD masters for all titles so it will be just a few of them released.

Yes I did reply back and ask them which titles specifically.

Of course, blu-ray.com's listing also has the link to Amazon. I imagine the blu-ray art will look the same as the DVD art. I wonder if they'll keep up the spine numbers.

Btw, is Opium and the Kung Fu Master the only SB blu-ray that ever made it out for sale? Life Gamble was "yay close", but I don't count it since apparently it was never for sale.

Yes, Opium and the Kung Fu Master was the only SB blu-ray to have been released so far in the US. The only other SB blu-ray to make it out in HK is the previously mentioned Behind the Yellow Line (not a martial arts film). Life Gamble never made it to production AFAIK.

Media Blasters replied back and said that they will be releasing select Shaw titles on Blu-Ray, beginning with DEADLY DUO. They do not have HD masters for all titles so it will be just a few of them released.

Yes I did reply back and ask them which titles specifically.

Thanks for the information magicpoe! Do keep us informed if you get any more info from MB. Really glad I only ever bought one MB SB DVD so far, as I would prefer to have them on blu-ray. If some titles don't have HD masters available I will pick those up on DVD.

Forgot about "Behind The Yellow Line", good point.

And yeah, I had a feeling that some wouldn't be "blu-rayed" due to a lack of HD masters. Can't remember which ones didn't get the HD treatment aside from The Master.

Agreed, good price. Deepdiscount might have it even cheaper when they have it up. Even so, $16.95 will do. Free would be even better, but still.....................

Agreed, good price. Deepdiscount might have it even cheaper when they have it up. Even so, $16.95 will do. Free would be even better, but still.....................

Well, ANYTHING free is better :wink:

But still (oops, those dubs are rubbing off on me), a blu-ray below $20 always grabs my attention. I'm still wondering if these will be numbered like the DVDs, or since they may just be "testing the waters" with this one they may not number them. Guess we'll eventually find out...

Archived