The Worse Shaw Film You've Seen Recently Is...

fiol

The worst shaw film I have had the displeasure in watching was "Journey of the domed."

should have seen the clue in the title in'it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont kill me now good ol shaw fans, but my worst recently is Shaolin Rescuers..

This movie, while not totaly bad, didnt do it for me..

The acting was way to awkward and silly.. the comedy didnt work for me..

It had some great fights like the end fight but all in all i felt kind of bored watching it..

Fist Of Boss
Dont kill me now good ol shaw fans, but my worst recently is Shaolin Rescuers..

This movie, while not totaly bad, didnt do it for me..

The acting was way to awkward and silly.. the comedy didnt work for me..

It had some great fights like the end fight but all in all i felt kind of bored watching it..

Agreed.One of their rare weak movies.

Fang Shih-yu

Brothers Five is a touch above mediocre! Sammo Hung's fight choreography, Cheng Pei-Pei, and that SCREWY ending are the only reasons to bother with this from start to end; why did Well Go release IT on BD?!:tongue: I agree The Brave Archer and His Mate is only good for the "Venoms", while Fu Sheng was DEMOTED to a stupid supporting role!:cry:

Morgoth Bauglir
jotdmd.jpg

Doomed indeed! That may be the worst poster I've ever seen. Very fitting for the worst SB movie.

I tried my best to find something good to say about "the informer" but was not able to do so...Oh wait.It`s still better than "journey of the doomed".

Informer and Journey of the Doomed are great !!!! I can't tell you my "worse" Shaw ... hmmm I fell asleep during King Cat but I STILL liked it !!:squigglemouth:

Informer and Journey of the Doomed are great !!!! I can't tell you my "worse" Shaw ... hmmm I fell asleep during King Cat but I STILL liked it !!:squigglemouth:

Wow really:squigglemouth:.Story and characters in informer are uninteresting and what little action there is not that entertaining:cry:.

King Cat is ace:bigsmile:

That JOURNEY OF THE DOOMED poster is a plagiarism of Boris Vallejo's cover for the A GUIDE TO BARSOOM paperback.

Although hated, I do want to see MR. FUNNY BONE as I'm fascinated by the Master Q character.

There's nothing wrong with Have Sword, Will Travel at all !! It's a classic !

Mr Funnybone .. I keep thinking about trying those out but .. hehe I'm not too sure. Always find something else to spend ma' hard earned duckets on

I couldn't finish Have Sword, Will Travel.

That is good movie.However it would be better if Jimmy Wang Yu there replacing DC.Nobody has played role of doomed swordsman better than he.

Chiang is more on his own area as smart cheeky no-worries swordsman.

I to liked Journey of the Doomed. While not a fave by any means, it def had a rare 80's charm (rare for a Shaw fu flick). It has a different feel, but I enjoyed it for what it is.

The non-martial arts melodrama Summer Heat with the lovely Jenny Hu is ridiculously fun in its awfulness!

It has a love rectangle concerning a lady, her husband and two brothers; this general description is as kinky as it gets! The only redeeming part comes at the end, involving death by...motorboat!:yociexp57:

If you really want this, pray it turns up at your local Salvation Army store, where it'll be found cheaper than a rental!:tongue:

Sentswordsman

I've seen and own a lot of bad movies, but I have to say that Journey of the Doomed is the worst Shaw I've ever seen. I had a very hard time making it through the entire film. I must have cursed out loud a hundred times by the end of it.

I've seen and own a lot of bad movies, but I have to say that Journey of the Doomed is the worst Shaw I've ever seen. I had a very hard time making it through the entire film. I must have cursed out loud a hundred times by the end of it.

Even as I try to get complete collection of legal Shaw releases eventually Journey crossed the line.I can keep maid from heaven, thundering sword , angel with iron fists and other shaws I do not like in my shelf but journey I do not want to own.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

haha I love my copy of Journey. It's a cool looking DVD !

I tried to watch some of Summer Heat last night. Wasn't bad .. wasn't exactly enthralling. I liked the stuff on the speedboat the most.

I tried to watch some of Summer Heat last night. Wasn't bad .. wasn't exactly enthralling. I liked the stuff on the speedboat the most.
As it says in the Celestial bio, this movie was directed by Koh Nakahira, who once worked with Akira Kurosawa as an assistant director before striking out on his own, and his directing successes in Japan eventually caught the attention of the Shaws. Believe it or not, SH is a remake of one of his (alleged) hit Japanese films!

It is filmed nicely, Jenny Hu looks great, but the story is missing many details, especially characterization! Fun for all the wrong reasons, but the story still has me shaking my head! (Other favorite moment: the creepy older brother singing a song. If he had sang it after sexually assaulting Jenny, how WARPED that would be!)

I wish the speedboat was possessed like the car in Christine and took out everyone responsible for this mess of a movie...excepting Jenny, of course!:tongue:

I like JotD.

First half of Tales Of Larceny, the Dean Shek starring bit called the Scholar something or other is the worst shit ever from Shaws. 2nd half is just the icing on the cake. Terrible shite.

By no means crap, TBOD is quite weak compared to most other Shaw wu xias.It begins promising but story starts to drag quite soon.Bandits are after treasure has been done better several times.Maybe I missed line or two when took a hike to fridge and did not pause movie but for me it did not come clear why bad dudes wanted parents of hero dead..And hero has quite non-heroic weapon and uses it to nail bad guy in the end so it`s quite anticlimatic conclusion.But that really does not matter that much because there is not tension buildt during way to ending.

It`s still worth watching if/as you are into Shaw wu xias but just do not keep expectations high(I did and this was bit letdown for me).

That JOURNEY OF THE DOOMED poster is a plagiarism of Boris Vallejo's cover for the A GUIDE TO BARSOOM paperback.

Oh my Lord, you are right Dionbrother! I admire Boris Vallejo work and it is true, in his work A guide to Barsoom from 1976, the main drawing is that one of the SB poster. Plagio! :cry:

post-947-144191888792_thumb.jpg

[

I wish the speedboat was possessed like the car in Christine and took out everyone responsible for this mess of a movie...excepting Jenny, of course!:tongue:

Thought the same. :squigglemouth:

Archived