The Worse Shaw Film You've Seen Recently Is...

fiol

since there is a topic about the best SB movie u've seen.. i thought it would be nice to have a topic about the worse one :tongue:

Mine is... "Mr Funny Bone"

I couldnt stand it.. i reached the end and i was : "what is this shì*t?!?"

Really, not funny at all. I can stand HK comedies but that one was really too much for me :cry:

PS: if such a thread already exists , pls give me the link :angel:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
instant noodles

As you mentioned RECENTLY there is not I can bash,almost all been good or excellent:smile:.But one really dire I have monitored in recent past is Crazy Shaolin Disciples...so crap it isn`t even funny in good way

As you mentioned RECENTLY there is not I can bash,almost all been good or excellent:smile:.But one really dire I have monitored in recent past is Crazy Shaolin Disciples...so crap it isn`t even funny in good way

i should have written "The Worst Shaw Film You've Ever Seen is.." , my mistake!

anyway, i quite enjoyed "Crazy Shaolin Disciples", it was a brain off experience... overall it's a 5/10 to me. Not recommended though :xd:

EDIT: thread title changed :tongue:

Currently going through Venoms movies and I rented Heaven and Hell. This movie is totally freaking bizzare.

Fu Sheng's fights looked like the fights in Westside Story. The scenes in the various Hell's got old real quick, there were some decent scenes with the venoms crew but overall I don't think I'll be watching this one again for a while.

masterofoneinchpunch

so far it has been Journey Of The Doomed (1985) for me. I would rather rewatch Heaven and Hell several times than watch that "film" again.

instant noodles

Well,I could not make to the end of "tigress of shaolin",gave up after 20 mins.Even sitting in dentist chair is more enjoyable than watching it.

Morgoth Bauglir
so far it has been Journey Of The Doomed (1985) for me. I would rather rewatch Heaven and Hell several times than watch that "film" again.

Journey of the Doomed is my pick for worst Shaw movie I've ever seen.

I've had good luck on the last 15 or so Shaws I've watched. Duel of the Century and Bloody Parrot are probably tied for the worst that I've seen recently. Duel is enjoyable, but the only thing that really impressed me were a few of the sets. Bloody Parrot is lots of fun, but like Duel, there's tons of fights, and none of them got me really excited. Also I didn't like the ending. In the scene where it's revealed who's really behind this Bloody Parrot, the answer to the question we all want to know is really stupid. It's like the director meant for the answer to be that stupid and didn't even try to make up something clever. he just acknowledges it. Made me laugh a bit.

instant noodles

Just checked my Shaw collection..really crap ones I have sold off but from those I have kept I think ones which I might never watch again are return to 36th chamber and disciples of shaolin.

Overall,Shaw Brothers kungfus are so high standard picking unknown title is almost risk free:angel:...gonna check "vengeful beauty" today,trailer looks crisp but friend said movie REALLY sucked but hopefully I do not need to it into list of worst Shaws:tongue:

Just checked my Shaw collection..really crap ones I have sold off but from those I have kept I think ones which I might never watch again are return to 36th chamber and disciples of shaolin.

Overall,Shaw Brothers kungfus are so high standard picking unknown title is almost risk free:angel:...gonna check "vengeful beauty" today,trailer looks crisp but friend said movie REALLY sucked but hopefully I do not need to it into list of worst Shaws:tongue:

Vengeful Beauty is good.I don't understand what your friend means by really sucks ???. As for Tigress Of Shaolin be patient and finish it.It is not as bad as you think.Though not a classic by any means it did very well in cinemas even though such silly slapstick kung fu comedies had over saturated the market at this point,it was one of the few films in this genre that was different from the norm and therefore appreciated.

Well, I haven't really explored the non-martial arts Shaws that much, and I've generally read reviews of movies before making blind buys, so out of the 150+ Shaws that I've bought that I hadn't seen before, only two stood out for me as surprisingly terrible:

The Thundering Sword

Brave Archer 3

instant noodles
Vengeful Beauty is good.I don't understand what your friend means by really sucks ???. As for Tigress Of Shaolin be patient and finish it.It is not as bad as you think.Though not a classic by any means it did very well in cinemas even though such silly slapstick kung fu comedies had over saturated the market at this point,it was one of the few films in this genre that was different from the norm and therefore appreciated.

Vengeful beauty was not great but good definitely.Lots of action and fights in the end were enjoyable.I do not get either why friend flamed it like that.

Well,I likely return to "tigress" one day but I do not see it happening near future.

"thundering sword" I have gotten rid of but I have feeling it started out quite well but movie loses it quite quickly and in the end was like bad soap opera.

another one that was really boring was: "The Teahouse" .. really... frustrating,annoying and useless piece of film.

Dunno if the sequel is better, but my dvd is still sealed :xd:

I found the Tea House to be a unique film, I like it for what it doesn't try to do, be an action film. One review called it an art film, I agree with that.

I found the Tea House to be a unique film, I like it for what it doesn't try to do, be an action film. One review called it an art film, I agree with that.

yeah my problem i think was that i was expecting an action flick instead of what it turned out to be :squigglemouth:

Just watched Brave Archer 4, was i supposed to watch the other 3 before this? Cause this movie made no sense to me, the whole thing with Fu Sheng being bullied by the other students was so stupid, not to mention he kills(!) Chin Siu Ho's character at the end just because he beat him up a few times. The sub-plot with Wong Lik was totally abandoned as well. Only get it if you are desperate for more Venoms action cause there is a bit of really amazing fighting in it but it was a chore to get through.

Guest Markgway
Just watched Brave Archer 4, was i supposed to watch the other 3 before this?

Take a guess....

Part 4 is pretty much piss even if you have seen them all in order.

Archived