Help needed in finding movie

Guest Meh Li

Hi Everyone,

I saw this movie around 1979/1980 in a cinema in London, either by itself or in a double bill with Flash Gordon. Because the movie had a run in a london theater, I persume, that the movie can´t be that rare.

I recall, that the movie had a very raw and dramatic tone to it, an independent feeling – quite sure it wasn´t from Shaw brothers. From what I can remember there´s no humor in the movie.

To the story: The Good guy is, out of a reason I can´t remember beaten up and severely wounded by the bad guy, who from my memory is a powerful Boss (Crime / Government?). One of the hero´s arm is either severely damaged or completely cut off (by a knife?). Large portions of the movie plays in a mountaineous area. The hero is found wounded by an old man, who lives reclusivley in a hut. It turns out, that this old man is a great Kung fu Master. The hero is then trained by the old master, which is quite detailed in the movie. The hero, then leaves the master to seek revenge possesing nearly superhuman skills, although crippled.

The hero in the movie wears a typical kunf fu outfit: black kung fu suit with white shirt, which is unbuttoned. I don´t know if my memory is playing a trick with me or I´m mixing the following details up with another Kung fu movie: I´m not sure if the hero is found by the old masters daughter, who then falls in love with him and I´m not sure if the old master has an open account with the bad guy aswell?

I hope my description is not too shallow.

Thank alot in advance for your efforts,

Best Wishes

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best match I can find that's close to your date (that kinda sounds like your description) is The One Armed Executioner (1983). It's a Filipino flick. Here's a link to a trailer:

Crippled Masters came out in 1979, but doesn't really match your description.

Archived