One Armed Swordsman Sequels

DeathFuMaster

DeathFuMaster

Is there any good releases of the sequels Return of the One Armed Swordsman and New One Armed Swordsman with english dubbing? Does any company have the R1 rights to release the remastered versions?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dragon Dynasty still have the rights to both movies in the U.S. (unless the status has changed while I wasn't looking). They'd probably release them with English dubs if they release them at all.

I don't think there's currently any legit dvds with an English dub. There's nothing wrong with the Celestial discs (unless you just gotta have that dub).

all the sequals are good...Return of the One Armed, One Armed vs 9 Killers, One Armed Swordsmen, New One Armed, and One Armed vs Zatoici...

I would like the English dub on New One Armed Swordsman only because it has a completly different music score to the Celestial release, which is a great dvd by the way.

Killer Meteor
I would like the English dub on New One Armed Swordsman only because it has a completly different music score to the Celestial release, which is a great dvd by the way.

It'd be great if someone could restore the whole English dub print for that film. Its has a fair few shots of violence not in the HK version.

Looks like Return of the One Armed Swordsman is up for pre order on amazon with a May 4 release date!!!! I guess it is the Dragon Dynasty one?

http://www.amazon.com/Return-One-Armed-Swordsman-Jimmy-Wang/dp/B00368PSJQ/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264900526&sr=8-12

That is indeed Dragon Dynasty! The label says Vivendi. Perhaps since Vivendi took over, DD's finally gotten off of their asses to release the Shaws. Wonder if a blu-ray of the original One Armed Swordsman is possible.

Totally awesome new!! Nice to see more SHAW BROS stuff coming out. I mean they have been sitting on them for HOW LONG NOW?!?!? I'm excited so far 2010 is shaping up to be a great year!!

If they're releasing Return to the 36th Chamber and Return of the One Armed Swordsman (got it right this time :tongue:) this year, it'd be strange if they didn't bother to release the third part of these two series, with Disciples of the 36th Chamber and New One Armed Swordsman.

Hell, they could even do like they did with Infernal Affairs and release trilogy box sets. But that's just me :wink:

DeathFuMaster

Trilogy box sets would have been great from the beginning and I hope they do with later releases. They could also easily repackage their older dvds into sets.

They could also easily repackage their older dvds into sets.

Commercially not bad idea.Those who really want items will likely buy them in 1st place and cheaper package for mainstream audience later...

I still feel sorry for 2 my friends who bought lot rarescope releases only to see them released on bargain packs shortly:nerd:

I still feel sorry for 2 my friends who bought lot rarescope releases only to see them released on bargain packs shortly:nerd:

The Rarescope releases weren't that expensive in the first place. You never know when these kinds of releases will fall off the face of the planet. So holding off is a risk. In this case they didn't, but that isn't always the case.

DeathFuMaster
Commercially not bad idea.Those who really want items will likely buy them in 1st place and cheaper package for mainstream audience later...

I just meant to make DD some money lol. I have most of their releases and could honest care less if they rerelease them myself, but in terms of retail stores.........

Now for new releases they could package trilogies(or whatever) in sets and release the individual dvds later. SO that would give buyers incentive to buy the sets early instead of waiting for individual releases. Everybody wins and we don't have to wait YEARS to get complete film series.

Archived