Favorite Van Damme

DeathFuMaster

(in no particular order)

Bloodsport (1988)

Hard Target (1993)

Double Team (1997)

plus a soft spot for Death Warrant (1990)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JCLegend86 said:

I watched OUATIC a few weeks ago. To me it seems like Jet Li was doubled an awful lot? Even for what I would think was simple moves for him. 

With Bruce Lee's back problem, I wonder if even he would have resorted to using wires had he lived on to do martial arts movies further down the line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

He was due to injury, by people like Hung Yan Yan.

Kickboxer is my favorite Van Damme movie,¨. Top  is probably Kickboxer, The Quest, No Retreat No Surrender, Bloodsport, Hard Target, Sudden Death (Mascot fight is hilarious) Like his portrayal in Expandables 2 as well, Knockoff, Universal Soldier is fun too,.

I'm about to rewatch Double Impact to see if I enjoy it, haven't seen it since I was a kid. Also Street Fighter is the Van Damme movie I've seen the most lol.

Don't enjoy In Hell very much at all even if Ringo was the man. Have not seen maximum risk though I had a VHS copy I never watched before it was thrown out. Special shoutout to Kung Fu Panda 2 and Turkish film Sinav (movie kinda sucks but Van Damme is fun in it)

That explains it. I noticed he was less doubled in OUATIC 2.

I think you will enjoy Double Impact, its top of the line Van Damme. I remember the shootout in the beginning with Bolo scarred me as a kid lol. 

What bothered me a lot about In Hell was that the use of CGI looked retarded in it, and some of the inmates were really annoying. Not the worst performance by Van Damme, I just didnt like the movie as a whole. 

• Like 2

In his later period I would like to throw out some lines for wake of death, until death, day of reckoning (villain), replicant, Lukas (gritty drama), enemies closer (he is a villain here).

Edited by WangYu
  • Like 2