Favorite Van Damme

DeathFuMaster

DeathFuMaster

What are some of your favorite JCVD films. Im looking to find some more good ones.

I have seen:

JCVD

Bloodsport

Timecop

In Hell

Street Fighter

Guest Markgway

Hard Target is Van Damme's best and a great action movie period.

These are also good:

Death Warrant

Lionheart/AWOL

Kickboxer

Maximum Risk

Sudden Death

Timecop

I enjoy most of Van Dammes movies but I do agree that Hard Target is awesome. It's been a long time since I watched Lionheart, should probably check it out again sometime.

Legionnaire, Knock Off, Maximum Risk,Double Team (Dennis Rodman aside) and The Quest are also worth checking out.If you enjoyed Bloodsport,Time Cop and In Hell,go with most of the movies listed especially DragonSword's list but run miles away from StreetFighter and I'm glad no one mentioned it.

One Armed Boxer

It's good to see I'm not the only person who enjoyed Van Damme's efforts with Hong Kong directors Ringo Lam & Tsui Hark, although I've yet to see 'In Hell'....I actually enjoyed 'Double Team' (although as Kwok Choi said...Dennis Rodman aside), 'Maximum Risk', & 'Knock Off' (a film which exists seemingly for Tsui Hark to throw in every camera trick in the book within a 90 minute running time...interesting to know the original idea for this movie was a JCVD / Jet Li team up, shame it didn't happen, I honestly think it would have been better than 'Forbidden Kingdom'!).

One movie that hasn't been mentioned is the Ringo Lam directed 'Replicant'...yet another movie with Van Damme in a double role, as if 'Double Impact' & 'Maximum Risk' wern't enough, but the difference with this one is that one of the Van Damme's is the bad guy.

That alone makes it worth watching to see JCVD in a rare villain role, but what makes it even better is exactly how much of a villain he is! The bad Van Damme is evil in the most extreme ways in true vintage Hong Kong cinema style...not only does he burn single mothers alive, but when rampaging through a hospital literally no one is spared...whether you be in a wheelchair, on a drip, whatever, if you're in his path you're going to get kicked out the way, classic viewing!

mwesley@morehouse.edu

Not really a true fan of Van Damme. I know some Asian stars that will just tear him to shredds like Chin Sui Ho (Chin Bo from Twin Warriors)

One Armed Boxer
I know some Asian stars that will just tear him to shredds like Chin Sui Ho (Chin Bo from Twin Warriors)

Ack....you mean Tai Chi Master! There should be a ban on using Weinstein'd titles of Asian movies on this forum! :crossedlips:

That's true...but remember he did beat Xiong Xin Xin in 'Double Team', and that was under the choreography of Sammo Hung! :tongue:

BlackLamaFaction

Did Chuck Vito from the Hells Angels really kick his ass at a night club? I wouldn't think Van Damme would go out like that.

Guest Markgway
Guess im just weird like that!

I'm saying nothing. :crossedlips:

Seriously, though, I'm not talking about the actors as they are in real life, but rather their films. Clearly you are a fan of Van Damme, Norris, and Seagal. Nobody owns 30 movies of people they don't like (on-screen). It's OK to admit it. No one will think less of you. :tongue:

Maybe those guys are a-holes in reality... doesn't make their films any less fun to watch.

Unfortunately I've heard that Chuck has turned into a crazy gun-tottin' ultra-right-wing christian. A shame as I always thought he was one of the nice guys. Van Damme has it seems turned over a new leaf and left his earlier arrogance and excess behind him. Seagal I've given up on. He hasn't made a good movie in almost 15 years.

My favorite Van Damme films will always be

No Retreat, No Surrender

Bloodsport

Kickboxer

maybe Death Warrant too...only because I'm a huge Patrick Kilpatrick fan LOL...who can forget...The Sandman? LOL

DeathFuMaster

Watched Hard Target today, Van Damme with a mullet? Awesome movie though. I order a few more JCVD movies and look forward to watching them, thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Bloodsport, without a doubt. My brother and I idolize that movie, especially the soundtrack.I also remembered enjoying Sudden Death, but it's been a very long time since I saw it, so I don't know if my opinion would stand.

JCVD was very good, since it took him out of his element of action movies. Until Death was pretty good too, I was pleasantly surprised after seeing it.

________

UHWH