Li yi Min's whole interview

Topgun

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy still looks great!! its amazing!!!.Man what these guys went through just to entertain us.I'll never regret spending all that money in my youth at the box office.How modest as well.I really want to see Meng Fei currently do one of these interviews.Good luck to Li Yi Min.

It's kinda sad to see these Kung Fu actors don't realize they have a fan base. I mean to hear him say he never watched any of his films?! I remember Lo Mang saying the same thing in an interview.:neutral:

Thanks, guys for your commen ts.

I wonder why he never mentioned anything about Mark Long and Jack Long at all. Is it because this interview was conducted exclusively for Shaw Brothers. I think from Tokyo Shock's "Seven Grandmaster," it should have conducted an interview with the crews.

Topgun

I think this interview was done by Toby Russell, not just for the dvd release, Mr Russell certainly gets about and interviews lots of great old school stars.

You have to remember how the movies played back then. Most ran anywhere from 4-6 days. After their run, that was it, never to be seen in theaters again. No second run. No vhs or beta release. No dvd or vcd release.

Some Taiwan pictures were never shown in HK. In many ways we, through the trading years of the 90s, had more access to their stuff than they did.

But, some people don't like to watch what they've done after they've done it and nothing else factors in on that.

You have to remember how the movies played back then. Most ran anywhere from 4-6 days. After their run, that was it, never to be seen in theaters again. No second run. No vhs or beta release. No dvd or vcd release.

Some Taiwan pictures where never shown in HK. In many ways we, through the trading years of the 90s, had more access to their stuff than they did.

But, some people don't like to watch what they've done after they've done it and nothing else factors in on that.

Well said;sadly this was mostly the true picture and no one could have put it any better than this.

David Rees I also suspected it was Toby by his voice and also the manner and respectful way in which the interview was conducted so that makes two of us.Bey Logan, Toby Russell and Rick Baker are some of the nicest guys around in this field including Quentin Tarrantino.

David Rees I also suspected it was Toby by his voice and also the manner and respectful way in which the interview was conducted so that makes two of us.Bey Logan, Toby Russell and Rick Baker are some of the nicest guys around in this field including Quentin Tarrantino.

Yeah it was Toby. He's got a truckload more of incredible interviews which the world needs to see. Hopefully soon...

Archived