Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013)

AlbertV

Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures have set an October 5, 2012 release date for TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3D, three weeks before Dimension unleashes HALLOWEEN 3D.

And a script review can be seen HERE...the screenwriters are Debra Sullivan, Kirsten Elms, Stephen Susco, and director John Luessenhop.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Casting Update:

Dark Horizons has revealed that Alexandra Daddario (PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS: THE LIGHTNING THIEF) is in final negotiations to play lead character Heather Sawyer, the relative of Leatherface who according to the script review, will eventually become the heroine of the film.

Shooting begins this month in Shreveport, Louisiana.

More casting news:

Tania Raymonde will play Nikki, Heather's BFF, a small town girl with an attitude. Alexandra Daddario has officially signed on to play protagonist Heather, and Bill Moseley and Sue Rock are also cast. However, the real question is...who is going to play Leatherface???

The male lead has been cast and no, we're not talking about Leatherface. Clint Eastwood's youngest son, Scott, has been cast as Carl. I'm guessing either he will be Heather's boyfriend or one of the new Sawyer members. But the deal is for a trilogy, which Nu Image and Twisted Pictures are planning.

Guest Markgway

Remakes are more often miss than hit for me... but I thought the Texas Chainsaw redux (from 2003) was one of the better ones and actually came close to matching the intensity of the original. If anything it was a better made film... and yes, Jessica Biel... mmm...

Remakes are more often miss than hit for me... but I thought the Texas Chainsaw redux (from 2003) was one of the better ones and actually came close to matching the intensity of the original. If anything it was a better made film... and yes, Jessica Biel... mmm...

Well, this isn't exactly a remake. The writers are making it more of a DIRECT sequel to the 1974 Tobe Hooper original, which would pretty much throw away Hooper's '86 sequel, the '89 third installment, the Next Generation, the 2003 remake and its 2006 prequel.

Guest Markgway

Yeah, I was just commenting on the 2003 movie. I take each one as it comes. I don't always follow the crowd either. For example I prefer the Elm St remake to the Dawn of the Dead remake. Though neither are anything special.

Big cameo news!!!

Bloody Disgusting has gotten confirmation that the original Leatherface himself, Gunnar Hansen, is making a cameo appearance in THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3D.

LEATHERFACE has been found...

danyeager071911.jpg&w=600&zc=0

Director John Luessenhop announced that newcomer 6'6' actor Dan Yeager will play the menacing Leatherface in the upcoming TCM3D. This is what Luessenhop had to say about Yeager:

"[having] huge farm boy arms, a brooding brow. He's quiet, circumspect, and immediately struck a menacing chord with me. After five minutes, I could no longer think of anyone else for the role."

And hip hop artist Trey Songz will play the role of Heather's boyfriend in the new movie as well.

Bloody Disgusting

So far here is the official cast of the film just to clarify:

Alexandra Daddario (Heather Miller)

Bill Moseley (Drayton Sawyer, Leatherface's father)

Sue Rock (Audrey)

Trey Songz (Ryan, Heather's boyfriend)

Keram Malicki-Sánchez (Kenny, Ryan's friend)

Daniel Yeager (Jeb Sawyer/Leatherface)

Tania Raymonde (Nikki, Heather's friend)

Scott Eastwood (Deputy Carl Hartman)

Shaun Sipos (Darryl, a hitchhiker)

Thom Barry (Sheriff Hooper)

Paul Rae (Mayor Burt Hartman)

Gunnar Hansen (role unknown - Hansen is the original Leatherface)

Marilyn Burns (Verna Carson - Burns played "final girl" Sally in the 1974 original)

Richard Riehle (Farnsworth, the lawyer for the Sawyer family)

John Dugan (Grandfather Sawyer - Dugan is reprising his role from the 1974 original)

Tobe Hooper (role unknown - the director of the 1974 original is making a cameo)

Shooting has just begun in Shreveport, Louisiana.

Update...for those who wonder if this will be a remake or a "sequel", Gunnar Hansen, the original Leatherface has posted the following on Upcoming Horror Movies

"The opening of the movie is the last scene of the original movie and so it starts right at the beginning. In fact, they're using some of the footage of Leatherface, of me, dancing, at the beginning. They're using that footage as the opening shot, I think. I read the script, it looks pretty good. I can say that because I'm extremely critical of the sequels and the remakes."

So this will be an official sequel to the Tobe Hooper 1974 original it looks like.

Here is a Youtube video of Gunnar Hansen talking about the new film and some stuff about the original 1974 film

LNfIB3SWxE8

According to Dread Central, Tobe Hooper was offered a cameo role in TCM3D, but withdrew as he didn't show up in time of the shoot.

Meanwhile, something interesting has come along. Dan Yeager is not the only one who will play Leatherface in the new movie. Sam McKenzie will play Leatherface in the 1974 prologue sequence that will open up the movie. Yeager will take on the Leatherface role in the present day, when he meets his cousin Heather and her friends, and of course, goes berserk.

Here is the official American Film Market synopsis of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3D:

Twenty years ago the town of Newt, Texas, exacted vengeance on the Sawyer family for their role in assisting and concealing murders committed by the chainsaw-wielding maniac Jeb Sawyer, aka "Leatherface". The entire family was presumed killed when Burt Hartman led the townspeople to burn down their farmhouse, but the Sawyer infant survived and was secretly taken away by two of the vigilante townies, Gavin and Arlene, and raised as their daughter, Heather. It's not until she's in her twenties that Heather learns that she's adopted. A lawyer for her grandmother tracks her down with word she's been left an inheritance.

Angry at her parents for lying to her, she sets out for Texas on a road trip with her boyfriend, Ryan; friends Nikki and Kenny; and Darryl, a hitchhiker they pick up on the way.

Principal photography has been completed so now it's post-production time.

Here are a few interview links:

FearNET interview with Tania Raymonde (who plays Heather's friend Nikki)

http://www.fearnet.com/news/interviews/b24698_exclusive_tania_raymonde_talks.html?utm_source=fearnet&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_imdb

Comic Book Movie Interview with the new Leatherface, Dan Yeager

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=48994

Updates:

Check out this motion picture and a look at the new Leatherface. It looks like the mask he wore all those years ago is still...well, there

texas-chainsaw-type-gif_210501.gif

and the trailer is up

GqCe2pDfICE

TEXAS CHAINSAW was #1 at the box office this past weekend...they may be gearing up TEXAS CHAINSAW 2 this summer...I do know that Scott Eastwood and Dan Yeager are returning for the next film.

I liked it... It at least went for a different take..

nice gore.. chick has a great rack :-P

I would rank this 3rd in all of them with the original being frst and the reboot prequel being second. I hated the reboot. and still dont own it

Guest Markgway

The original was very effective (in the second half especially) despite being resolutely amateurish - has Tobe Hooper made a good film since?

The remake (the one with Jessica Biel to clear up confusion) was surpisingly good and much more professional - though it's always hard to replicate that raw 70s edge.

Well for Hooper I liked: Poltergeist, Funhouse, Eaten Alive, Lifeforce (Dir cut only), Invaders from Mars, the Toolbox massacre remake, TCM2 (taken as a parody) and The damned thing...

The ending f the Biel remake ruined it for me.. especially how she all of sudden lost off fear and become tough.. without accomplishing anything.. and the stupid baby.... I just really hate this one minus biel and the ending the cast is awesome though

TibetanWhiteCrane

Let's be frank, Poltergeist was ghost directed (pardon the pun) by Spielberg, as Hooper was fried on coke at the time. Spielberg's style is all over the movie, and I see little of Hooper's style, whatever that is.

Let's be frank, Poltergeist was ghost directed (pardon the pun) by Spielberg, as Hooper was fried on coke at the time. Spielberg's style is all over the movie, and I see little of Hooper's style, whatever that is.

I mean i would give SS the producer role easily. But for me it never felt like a SS film just has SS influence.

Archived