Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013)

AlbertV

Dark Horizons has reported that Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures are planning to get the rights to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and give it a 2nd reboot after Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes worked on the 2003 remake and its 2006 prequel.

The plan is to produce a contemporary-set 3D feature film take on the classic horror franchise using a script written by Stephen Susco ("The Grudge"). The deal also encompasses multiple films.

If Lionsgate and Twisted get the deal made, the 2003 and 2006 films will likely be "ignored" and be treated like New Line's "Leatherface: TCM 3" and the absolutely rechid "TCM: The Next Generation", which ironically was released on DVD by....Lionsgate!!! Go figure!!!

Mind you, Leatherface is my favorite of the famed slashers, but I think they should just leave TCM alone already.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read about this today. Ridiculous. As if the first remake wasn't insulting enough.

They're remaking Mother's Day as well. There is no barrel whose bottom hollywood will not scrape.

Its sickening that Hollywood just keep going back in time to remake movies that are Cult Classics in their own right why ruin it again?! Soon we'll be watching the Saw franchise all over again!

Its sickening that Hollywood just keep going back in time to remake movies that are Cult Classics in their own right why ruin it again?! Soon we'll be watching the Saw franchise all over again!

Oh no! The first time was punishment enough. Soon hollywood will be doing remakes of movies that are still in production.

Well, it is official. Twisted Pictures now holds the rights to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. A Twisted Pictures rep and co-creator Kim Henkel closed the deal after negotiations with Platinum Dunes fell through.

The reboot is going to be a modern day take of the classic and from what it is revealed, Stephen Susco, who wrote the remake of The Grudge (Ju-On) is working on the script, in which a relative (not sure if they mean the Sawyer/Hewitt family or the Hardesty family) arrives to the fateful house in Texas.

Article:

Shock Til You Drop

Over a year later, an update was announced on Total Film concerning the updated remake:

Twisted Pictures, who’ve been planning a new Chain Saw Massacre sequel for a while, have finally moved ahead and hired writers Adam Marcus (Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday) and Debra Sullivan to scratch out a script.

The pair previously worked together nearly two decades ago to pen the after-thought slasher sequel that was Jason Goes To Hell.

The plot of this seventh human-flesh wearing movie picks up 35 years after Leatherface first rampaged in Tobe Hooper’s chilling original, and sees a set of new relatives entering the fold.

“It’s 35 years later, there’s a relative going back,” producer Mark Burg said last year. “Why is he going back? I don’t want to set it in a dusty town. How do we make it more urban but keep that feel.

“There will be some relatives, some new people. There’s still the subtext of ‘are they eating these people?’ The whole idea of cannibalism, we’re bringing it back.”

Empire Online reveals a possible title for the film: LEATHERFACE 3D

WWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Li Chin Ming's Nonsense

they just rebooted it and it sucked. lol. of course, it cant be as bad as the nightmare on elm street reboot, i guess. i would hope at least.

briannatalore

I guess everyone is compelled to remake everything in 3D. I heard Nightmare on Elm Street is not done rebooting yet, it's going out in 3D as well.

I heard Nightmare on Elm Street is not done rebooting yet, it's going out in 3D as well.

Unfortunately it`s not stop there.If sequel to 2010 reboot makes money there will be at least one more outing.

It`s in Haleys contract.

sifu iron perm

They don't know when to stop!

Go and remake some potential great films that lacked budget etc..

Equinox (even though raimi came out with evil dead)

Seconds (great thriller and ahead of its time).

They don't know when to stop!

Go and remake some potential great films that lacked budget etc..

Equinox (even though raimi came out with evil dead)

Seconds (great thriller and ahead of its time).

No as long as people keep supporting these unnecessary and worthless remakes and reboots they'll keep making them, unfortunately. The state of horror movies today is so terrible it's enough to make one cry.

Older movies may lacked budget but didn't lack imagination. Hollywood today is the complete opposite. Why bother coming up with your own ideas when you can buy someone else's instead?

Instead of making re-boots of movies which were often so-so as originals how about giving todays treatment to european classics of horror cinema like zombie flesheaters,tombs of the blind dead,deep red etc...

I know results maybe not good but at least concept would appear far more interesting that remakes of leatherface,elm street,children of the corn,halloweens which I am not going bother to check.

On positive note remakes of Friday and Last House were very good:)

Instead of making re-boots of movies which were often so-so as originals how about giving todays treatment to european classics of horror cinema like zombie flesheaters,tombs of the blind dead,deep red etc...

nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo

kungfusamurai

Sounds like another tax write-off, rather than a serious horror movie making effort. At least come up with something that's steals from various movies, but in a new look, like the way Wrong Turn was a rip of Texas Chainsaw, & The Hills Have Eyes.

KFS

It's inevitable...the movie is moving forward!

FRIDAY THE 13th: JASON GOES TO HELL's scribes Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan and THE GRUDGE's scribe Stephen Susco are collaborating on the new reboot/sequel which will be simply called LEATHERFACE 3D.

TAKERS helmer John Luessenhop is in negotiations to direct the new reboot for Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures, who bought the rights to the TCM franchise as a means to start something new now that SAW has officially ended its run.

The action "picks up immediately where Tobe Hooper's original 1974 film left off then flashes forward 35 years".

Source: Dark Horizons

Terrible news. Horror movies these days are a joke, it's a good thing there's enough low budget horror flicks from the 70s and 80s to last a lifetime.

I could watch crap like Horror Hotel and Hell High all day, but another TCM reboot/remake makes me want to cry with frustration. By my count, there are 5 Texas Chainsaw sequels and remakes (not counting Leatherface 3D), and not a single one of them comes anywhere close to touching the sheer terror of the original film. Not by a long shot.

They just need to give up and stop trying. Look for a *gasp* original story maybe?

Sadly it will never happen as long as the sheep keep going to the theaters in huge herds and soaking this shit up.

I have to admit, I did like TCM 2 and 3, but TCM Next Generation truly stunk. I could see why Matthew McConaughey did not want anyone to see it. It was flat out ridiculous and even more that Kim Henkel (the co-creator of the original 1974 film) did this.

I saw the 2003 reboot in theaters and I have to admit, I liked it up to the point where they revealed Leatherface without his mask. That truly felt disappointing to me because Leatherface brought a sense of anonymity to the film series. As much as I liked Andrew Bryniarski as Leatherface, the 2007 reboot prequel seemed too much in the vein of part 3, a gore-fest.

I hope that Susco, Marcus, and Sullivan use the 1974 original as inspiration as to how to make the reboot/sequel more in tone with that, but in this day of age, that's asking way too much. Being 3D, I know it's just going to be another pointless gorefest.

TCM 2 had its moments for sure, but 3 was kinda silly and I thought the reboot was pretty bad. Jessica Biel is a crummy actress, but people are blinded by her boobs and don't seem to notice. :wink:

ShaOW!linDude

Notice her....um....uh.....what.....I'm sorry, what were you saying again?:tongue:

(Not a fan of hers btw.)

I only saw bits & pieces of the remake with R. Lee Ermey, and it was the end of the movie that I had seen. I agree the Old Classic ones were scary as Hell these new ones aren't scary at all, there just going for the Gory Shit!

Update:

Bill Moseley, who played Chop-Top in TEXAS CHAINSAW 2, has joined the cast of TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D in what looks to be the elder brother of menacing Leatherface, Drayton Sawyer.

The central plot has also been revealed: Heather is a young girl who goes to Texas with a group of friends to get an inheritance. Unfortunately, part of that inheritance includes the now elder killer Leatherface, who is revealed to be Heather's cousin.

Full story HERE

DeathFuMaster

That doesn't sound horrible. Hopefully it will end up being good enough to capture some of the atmosphere of the original. The idea of an elder Leatherface is definitely interested.

Archived