Young Ip Man?

Drunken Monk

I think it looks great, with the choreography being spot on. When Yuen Biao attacks the young Ip Man in the trailer my jaw dropped!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sammo's now in the Ip Man business. That looks pretty damn good, it'll keep fans satisfied until Donnie arrives with the main course.

did yall read the interesting article on the home page about all the Ip Man/Wing Chun stuff?

gets me super excited about this!! 10-15 seconds between cuts? Sammo and Yuen Biao playing Don Chi Sou (sp?) and rolling hands blind folded?!?!!! It brings tears to my eyes!!!!!

Poor sammo got punched in the face! and Fan Sui got his head almost cut off lol

cant wait for all these movies!

yuen biao's hand patterns were proper in that trailer, but with all this wing chun going on wheres beardy when u need him..

Great point but at the same time I'm not going to diss any movie that has Yuen Biao in a co-starring role with appears to be a good amount of screen fighting!!!

So looking forward to this and Ip Man 2...what a great year this is shaping up to be!!

Guest Yi-Long

Wow... this looked fucking amazing.... untill the 'ninjas' showed up, which seemed a bit out of place.

Looks good but shame we are treated to such a long trailer.

I hope there is even more great sequences in the movie!

Ninjas? Ip Man being a Wing Chun innovator? High kicks? Good God, can't they just make a Wing Chun version of Challenge of the Masters instead of putting all this totally whacky stuff into it? I'm amazed Ip Chun went along with it.

Looks fucking great, though I feel like I just watched all of every fight in the movie... Kinda surprised they showed so much.

Drunken Monk
Ninjas? Ip Man being a Wing Chun innovator? High kicks? Good God, can't they just make a Wing Chun version of Challenge of the Masters instead of putting all this totally whacky stuff into it? I'm amazed Ip Chun went along with it.

I actually appreciate those elements of the film. I know it's about Ip Man and it's not fair to throw oddball ideas into the film but I think it looks fantastic. I'm glad someone chose to throw in some things that deviate from the truth so as to satisfy fight fans.

daisho2004

We don't know if there actually Ninjas just yet, could just be Masked Killers, of course unless there Japanese, then there definitely Ninjas.

lillippa328

who cares if its gonna be 100% realistic or not....as long as it tries 100% to entertain....all the Wong Fei Hung and Fong Sai Yuk movies we've gotten, yall dont think they all tell a real story do you?

Sheesh, some people are never happy...

TibetanWhiteCrane
Sheesh, some people are never happy...

I concur.... But, you have to, atleast, work within a realistic framework. I mean, NINJAS???

I know a lot of people worships at the altar of Sammo's Millionaire's Express, But think the movie is a pile of shit! The action is great, as is the cast. But the retarded anachronism ruins everything for me. They could have made a real classic period flick, but just threw everyfuckingthing in there, and it ended up a total mess!

OK, the ninjas is a bit much, but hey...even Prodigal Son had "ninjas" as well. I'll keep an open mind and not take it too seriously. If anything I'm glad to see Sammo and Yuen Biao working together again. Maybe they can rope in Jackie next time!

The movie looks OK, a bit too clean and plain, but apparently has little to no wirework or undercranking, which is a relief and something I didn't like about either Ip Man movie.

Wow, there is still more new clips from that new trailer!

Looks good but I am still worrying about the amount of footage shown so far.

Archived