Help remembering a old kung fu movie / Please refer to this example when inquiring

Guest Choter

Guest Choter

I used to have this VHS of a very good kung-fu movie, I would like to purchase it again. However I cannot remember the name. Heres the jist of the movie.

This guy always gets beat up hes like bum however he ends up living out of town with this old man and getting trained by him in kung fu. The guys name is Archie(main guy not the master). When he gets all done training they kill his master and kidnap a kid thats his friend. Archie ends up captured also and tied on a cross of wood. They proceed to beat the kid to death in front of him and when the kid gets killed he goes crazy screaming you killed the kid you bastards he busts out of the ropes on the cross and breaks it all apart in the process then proceeds to beat everyone to death. He really goes crazy having drool coming out his mouth and no longer acting human the way it ends he flies up in the air with the head bad guy catches him midair and lands in a back breaker with him. He then rips the guys arm off and proceeds to eat him. Any help on this is really appreciated, If it helps more the year I watche dit on VHS was around 1994. I thought it was called ARCHI or ARCHIE but I have no luck searching it as that.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he then rips the guys arm off and proceeds to eat him.

Thundering Mantis!!!

(someone move this to classics, BTW)

• Administrator

That's easily the best description I've ever read on the forum for a "what's this movie?" thread. :bigsmile: Yep, Shaolin Fox nailed it. It is unmistakably the kung fu classic THUNDERING MANTIS. What other movie features a kung fu battle that ends with cannibalism of the beaten villain?! :tongue:

I used to have this VHS of a very good kung-fu movie, I would like to purchase it again. However I cannot remember the name. Heres the jist of the movie.

This guy always gets beat up hes like bum however he ends up living out of town with this old man and getting trained by him in kung fu. The guys name is Archie(main guy not the master). When he gets all done training they kill his master and kidnap a kid thats his friend. Archie ends up captured also and tied on a cross of wood. They proceed to beat the kid to death in front of him and when the kid gets killed he goes crazy screaming you killed the kid you bastards he busts out of the ropes on the cross and breaks it all apart in the process then proceeds to beat everyone to death. He really goes crazy having drool coming out his mouth and no longer acting human the way it ends he flies up in the air with the head bad guy catches him midair and lands in a back breaker with him. He then rips the guys arm off and proceeds to eat him. Any help on this is really appreciated, If it helps more the year I watche dit on VHS was around 1994. I thought it was called ARCHI or ARCHIE but I have no luck searching it as that.

Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we love you. This is a great example of what " Help with a movie / Name this movie, Can't remember title etc etc " should be.People should think of vital key scenes and be a bit more specific in their descriptions.Yeah this movie is also known as The Roaring Kung Fu Fighter Part 2.With such explicit detail in your description,it is really surprising - no offence meant :smile: - why you yourself couldn't figure it out :smile:

Archived