Chen Sing at the Beach

dragongo

When I was a teenager in the mid 70s I saw a movie with Chen Sing in which he fights a guy on the beach for what seem to me back then about half and hour. This movie has haunted me for over thirty years. In those days I was suffering from Kung Fu Mania and that fighting scene was very invigorating. I have been wanting to feel the same since but have never been able to find the movie. In the dvd Bruce Lee and Kung Fu Mania the film is listed as " Kung Fu Master-Bruce Lee Style". I have tried searching for it under that title but can not find anything. If there is someone out there that knows the correct title please let me know.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your quick answer but that is not the movie. That is the Bloody Beach and is a good one also. In the one I am looking for Chen Sing uses the Sai and his opponent the Butterfly knives. There is also quite bit of hand to hand brawling kung fu style.

Hmm, my guess would be Heroes of the Wild (aka Heroes of Shaolin). Starts up with Chen Sing fighting on the beach, where he beats this guy who before dying makes Chen Sing promise to teach his son fighting skills.. Chen Sing does this, and for much of the remaining movie, the son keeps trying to kill Chen Sing (to avenge his father) as his skills improve.

See if this rings a bell:

Even if this isn't the movie, i would encourage everybody to check it out. It's great and with a great cast, Chen Sing, Lo Lieh, Hwang Jang Lee, Doris Lung and with a nice cameo fight with the two actions choreographers of the movie Yuen Biao and Corey Yuen Kwai.

I looked at the thread on Youtube for Tough Guy and it looks like the movie but what I remember is the last fight on the beach in which they were all full of mud. The clip does not show that part. Like I said on the dvd Bruce Lee and Kung fu Mania it is called Kung Fu Master BruceLee style. Maybe someone can see that and make a positive id. Thanks for your help.

I looked at the thread on Youtube for Tough Guy and it looks like the movie but what I remember is the last fight on the beach in which they were all full of mud. The clip does not show that part. Like I said on the dvd Bruce Lee and Kung fu Mania it is called Kung Fu Master BruceLee style. Maybe someone can see that and make a positive id. Thanks for your help.

Right, this is the last fight scene of the movie Tough Guy. If your a big fan of this film, I would recommend the Flashlegs rare version of this film, which is a letterbox print! http://www.flkcinema.com/MorInfo.asp?FilmID=785&Search=Search

kungfusamurai
Right, this is the last fight scene of the movie Tough Guy. If your a big fan of this film, I would recommend the Flashlegs rare version of this film, which is a letterbox print! http://www.flkcinema.com/MorInfo.asp?FilmID=785&Search=Search

Is that scene where Sing is fighting some weakling guy (with a moustache)? I always thought that was the one called Bloody Fight. But then I saw that clip with Chen Kwan Tai and the beach, and I figured maybe that was the right clip. But, I do remember a film with mud and stuff. It was one of the trailers on that Kung Fu Mania DVD, with Shaft sounding music.

Chen Sing half naked, rolling around in mud. If I wasn't a straight cat, I'd find that mildly arousing. ;)

KFS

Thanks to all that replyed, Budha be praised. I think that Monk Sante and Killer Meteor may be right. Netflix has the movie as Revenge of the Dragon. I will soon see it after thirty waiting to see it again. From the clip on you tube that action looks pritty sloppy but from what I remember, it was exhilarating and it inspired me to go work out with friends. Talk about exhilaration I am starting a new thread about you felt when you first Bruce Lee is action.

Archived