Movies like Shaolin Drunkard?

StarDreamCan

StarDreamCan

Hey, new to the boards.

I recently watched Shaolin Drunkard and loved it. Im looking for more films that are funny and above all else inventive and charming. I recommended the film to a friend and he enjoyed it but called it corney. I guess Im not one to judge on those merits as I had a wide small on my face from beginning to end. Please recommend me some awesome ones.

Master of the Flying Guilitone, Iron Monkey, Mr. Vampire, and 7 Grand Masters were all awesome too! Shaolin Drunkard just oozed wild charm from beginning to end. :smile:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a lot of the old school kung fu comedy's are looked at as corny, but u gotta love it!!! Some are hilarious to me tho...those being...

Jackie Chans: Young Master, Fearless Hyena, Drunken Master, Snake in the Eagles Shadow

check out some of his brothers works too...

Knockabout

Magnificent Butcher

Prodigal Son

Iron Fisted Monk (more serious)

StarDreamCan

Drunken Master rocks... Though maybe its just me but the sequel which gets good reviews I really found lacking... like I was very disappointed with it.

Also, I plan to check out everything you wrote. Please if more people can recommend stuff. Though looking at the list it seems Shaolin Drunkard is one of a kind which would be really upsetting if there isnt more stuff like that on the market! :cry:

Ive only seen one Sammo Hung movie, The Victim (with Beardy!) and it rocked. Sammo is the man. In fact, all characters aside... I prefer him over Jackie. So Ive been meaning to check out the stuff you mentioned, just saving them for a good day but no days better then the present, right?

StarDreamCan

Oh man... Im looking through the forums seeing what I can find and saw the title Taoism Drunkard. Did a youtube trailer search and it has the same guy playing the same character of the drunken master and it has the same zany feel! Is that a sequel or something directed by a different director?

Those are the movies im looking for!!!!

Taoism Drunkard is a similar film, made by the same people. I haven't seen it but it might be what you're looking for.

Taoism Drunkard

Drunken Tai Chi

Dance of the Drunken Mantis

Invincible Armour

Born Invincible

Dreadnought

One Armed Boxer

StarDreamCan....I think I know the kind of movies that you are looking for...I would strongly recommend the Shaw Brothers movies -

Buddha's Palm

Demon of the Lute

Holy Flame of the Martial World

StarDreamCan

Ive seen Invincible Armour and Born Invincible and while I enjoyed both they are not really the kind Im looking for. They are tame in regard.

I want to thank everyone for posting replies. I hope youll welcome me here as a brother one day into this great clan. Please continue if ya can and I will of course post replies when I see the films letting you know.

I actually plan to start watching more Shaw Bros films very soon. For the past 8 years Ive been watching various films from China, Japan, Korea, and so forth. Lately, as of last month my mind turned into a kungfu nut and Im really just getting a good start. Im really excited because Im going to have the chance to check out some awesome awesome films. I plan to post in the other threads looking for the greats while this one post is deffently for the zany kind of stuff Im searching for.

Bless ya all.

BlackLamaFaction

World Of Drunken Master(Lee Yi Min often comes off similar to Jackie I actually like Li Yi Min' better)

Legendary Weapons Of Kung Fu

Wu-Tang vs. Ninja (I found this movie hysterical although it may not have always been intentional)

Odd Couple

Guest WuxiaFan

Here are some other classics that you should check out:

DIRTY TIGER, CRAZY FROG

CHALLENGE OF THE LADY NINJA

FEARLESS FIGHTERS

IRON DRAGON STRIKES BACK

MAGNIFICENT BUTCHER

PEDICAB DRIVER

StarDreamCan

Thank you all!!! I love yoooou! Keep em coming...

Looking for inventiveness. I plan to check out House of Traps soon as the synopsis sounds up my alley. Im a big fan of gadgets and wild inventions as well as the crazy and funny, yet heavy on impressive acrobacy. Im that type of guy that loves to see in movies the type of things like in Goonies when all this stuff happens to just open up a door or a room filled with booby traps. I wish there was a genre for that kind of thing you know?

Someone recommended me today as well the two “Royal Tramp” films by Stephen Chow. It feels so good to have so many great movies to look forward to. Sadly in a month or two Im gonna be back to square one but man will this be an amazing month or two.

i never knew Shaolin Drunkard existed, i still got alot to learn i guess but all these suggestions are great def check out those Jackie Chan flicks

Morgoth Bauglir

Battle Wizard

Shaolin Intruders

Secret Service of the Imperial Court

Boxer's Omen

Bloody Parrot

Ninja Death 1 (parts 2 and 3 aren't worth watching)

Ninja the Final Duel and Shaolin Dolemite

Not much that's tame in these movies:xd:

instant noodles
Battle Wizard

Is this one where some girl uses snakes as weapons and guys fight with gorilla in the end?

Has been long,long time since saw it but I remember it`s not exactly great movie but there is lot weird things in it,if you like such picking this is safe choice.

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah that's the one instant noodles.

I also have to include Shaolin Prince. Very creative in the final fight with Pai Paio's chair, and it doesn't get much cooler than Kong Do's flaming sword.

instant noodles

You might also want to check out Shaw Brothers production "finger of doom"..it is swordplay/kung-fu but there is living dead also.

I was wondering what's the best release of Shaolin Drunkard,would like to complete the "Miracle Fighters series". ;)

If you like Shaolin Drunkard you'll probably like the complete series:

The Miracle Fighters (1982)

Shaolin Drunkard (1983)

Taoism Drunkard (1984)

The Young Taoism Fighter (1986)

I love the Yuen Clan sorcery series. The finales for Shaolin Drunkard and Young Taoism Fighter are among my favorites.

I haven't seen them, but for some good crazy fu, I undestand there are several Taiwanese films starring Lin Hsiao-Lan that are memorable, like Magic of Spell and Kung Fu Wonder Child, which featuers an animated dragon at the end.

The peach boy movies are pretty tripped out, but they fall more into the crazy taiwanese fantasy genre of films. More about zany magic spells and bizarre monsters and less the surreal kung fu magic carnival tricks of the yuen clan. Though Chiu Chung Hing, who worked with the Yuen Clan, directed 2 great taiwanese homages to the their style of madness. Exciting Dragon, a more straight copy of the Yuen Clan style, as previously mentioned, and A Heroic Fight which pits a Yuen Clan style of stuntmen and special effects guys using their crazy props to fight real world gangsters.

I don't think these items warrant their own thread, so bumped this 2009 thread instead.

4 pcs/set Resin Chinese kungfu Drunken Master Buddha Monk shaolin temple Figurine Home Decor Ornaments Miniatures

Source- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-pcs-set-Resin-Chinese-kungfu-Drunken-Master-Buddha-Monk-shaolin-temple-Figurine-Home-Decor-Ornaments/32889289637.html

4-pcs-set-Resin-Chinese-kungfu-Drunken-M

Archived