Your least favourite Jackie Chan movies? (1992-present-period)

dragonherb

instant noodles

I continue a bit...Jackie has new audience who likes his USA films a lot.If he now would make period piece like Drunken Master 3 or even better,Snake And Crane Arts of Shaolin those likely would not be as succesful as Rush Hour 10.

For career wise it`s better for Jackie to lose old fans who digged him in past than new ones because there is far more in new category.

It`s still not good:squigglemouth:

JCLegend86

Least favourites:

Twin Dragons (1992) - I found this movie a bit messy

City Hunter (1993) - Too much cheesy and poor comedy, chinese people must have loved this one

The Tuxedo (2002) - Too children friendly

The Medallion (2003) - Hate Science Fiction

Around the World in 80 Days (2004) - JC and Arnold in one movie?

The Myth (2005) - I dont like seeing JC with wires, this one was to obvious.

Rob-B-Hood (2006) - No no no

The Forbidden Kingdom (2008) - Decent movie, but I hate the fact that JC & JL didnt team up like 20 years ago when they were younger and both were at their hight of fame.

Shinjuku Incident (2009) - I dont hate the movie, I just dont look at it as a typical JC movie, which it clearly aint.

Allthough as a fan you have to see all his movies. But these are the movies I wish he spent on better projects though they are not terrible, but as a jackie chan movie they dont score high...

lillippa328

I just watched Little Big Soldier....and i enjoyed it...i was a little dissapointed that he really didnt have "fight" scenes...but his evade type style was still interesting...and it didnt look like he was doubled at all...so thats good!

ChineseSausage

I found The Tuxedo actually to be entertaining, but to me The Medallion ranks IMHO as one of his most boring ones. The same goes for Around The World in 80 Days.

I going to pop those DVD's again, it's been quite some time since I last saw them. :)

TheGrimReaper

Twin Dragons (1992) - mediocre, sharing direction is not always good decission... 4/10

Police Story 3: Supercop (1992) - pretty decent in my eyes - 6/10

City Hunter (1993) - I couldn't quite get the overall feel of this movie - too cartoonish - 4/10

Crime Story (1993) - dead serious Jackie is pulling a really interesting drama presence - 7/10

Drunken Master II (1994) - hmmm great fighting scenes, but the atmosphere is lost from the original - 8.5/10

Rumble in the Bronx (1995) - awful scrpit, nice stunt work, decent fights, however it is a bit poinltess - 4/10

Thunderbolt (1995) - one of the worst movies in Jackie's carrer - 0.4/10

Police Story 4: First Strike (1996) - another forgettable movie for me - stupid all the way - 1/10

Mr. Nice Guy (1997) - directed by Sammo and still smells like manure - nothing was right there... 0.4/10

Who Am I? (1998) - a nice throwback to the old ages, but not good enough - it has some good sides shown though - 6/10

Rush Hour (1998) - comedy with stunts - typical buddy movie, but nothing out of the ordinary - 5/10

Gorgeous (1999) - as it was trying to be several different movies at once, it falls flat on its back - Bradley James Allan steals the show - 4/10

Shanghai Noon (2000) - another Hollywood attempt - was good, but it lacks in some departments - but nice choreography by Yuen Biao though - 6/10

The Accidental Spy (2001) - boring and too long - Jackie, the new Bond - give me a break - 3/10

Rush Hour 2 (2001) - a bit improvement over the original, but still too narrow-minded at some points - 5.5/10

The Tuxedo (2002) - crap... 0.5/10

Shanghai Knights (2003) - another sequel, the final fight was severely cut 9although it exist in the extras) and this alone lowered the mark - 5/10

The Medallion (2003) - the same as Tuxedo - boring and insult to my brain... 0.3/10

Around the World in 80 Days (2004) - disjointed and looks like a big video clip of cameos - not helping much either... 2/10

New Police Story (2004) - good movie - not too dramatical, but strong in that section, nice fights and storyline - rises up above most of Jackie's movies - 8/10

The Myth (2005) - kinda liked this movie - it needed a bit more to become a really good - failed potential - 4/10

Rob-B-Hood (2006) - yes baby is cute, but Jackie is a total mess in there - nothing interesting here, move along - 2.5/10

Rush Hour 3 (2007) - ohh the horror - my eyes still burn with regret seeing this one - 0.6/10

The Forbidden Kingdom (2008) - the 3 1/2 minute fight between the two legends can not delete the funny taste I have in my mouth - great cinematography, but tons of potential lost - it should have been a lot better - 5.5/10

Shinjuku Incident (2009) - my personal favorite - without a single fight, Jackie delivers one of the best performance here (for me) - 9.5/10

I'll add some more titles, not mentioned before:

Little Big Soldier (2010) - interesting movie overall, but somewhat bit confusing as well - what was Jackie tried to do there - anyway a solid 7/10

The Spy next door (2010) - avoid at all costs, erasing brain cells with the speed of light - 0.2/10

Karate KId (2010) - nice performance by old man, although Will Smith's child is annoying, however the movie was not ruined entirely - 7/10

That's my 50 cents :)

Greetings

Guest Markgway

I thought The Spy Next Door wasn't bad for a Hollywood kids movie.

I knew before I watched it mind that it wasn't going to be A JACKIE CHAN FILM.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Actually, I hated Little Big Soldier for it's tacked on ending, where everything turned out ok, along with all the genocide, because China was "United" under a tyrant. I disliked Shaolin as well, as the main plot point to me is that very important elite people learn a moral lesson while all the grunts die. Chan has become more and more reactionary, and all the stars are sucking up to the communist party, or board of directors, except Anthony Wong and few others, so I guess it is too be expected. I haven't even scene CJ7 or whatever it is. I am just sick of him and his mugging. It is nice that he cares about animals.

• Like 1

Cognoscente

Thunderbolt was the worst. It could have been an Andy Lau movie* and it wouldn't have made a difference.

* Coincidentally, 1995 marked the release of Andy's racing movie - Full Throttle.

• Like 1