Dumb Boxer (1973) has anyone seen it before?

ching li

I am in the mood for some old school 70's bashers and I happened to run across this movie while surfing the net, has anyone seen Dumb Boxer before? It stars Hong hoi and I have seen a few of his movies, pretty good fighter. Is it worth viewing for those who has seen it?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah saw it when it was released.It then disappeared for good.Didn't even know someone had put it on any video format.What should I say........well going back to 73 it was ok-ish but nothing special.At the time it wasn't frowned upon but it wasn't anyone's favourite.The hero was liked and it had a good story but thats about it.When it's run ended,it wasn't missed and I hardly remember anyone wishing for a re-release.

I have a fondness for bashers, I looks pretty interesting. It is definitely a rare one and I found it on ebay. I will check it out. Thanks Kwok Choi

instant noodles

It was listed among 25 worst KF movies in Ric Meyers "Martial Arts Movies" books.Only comment was "The title says it all"...actually it tells nothing and I remember in past trying few times to track it down but failed.

It was listed among 25 worst KF movies in Ric Meyers "Martial Arts Movies" books.Only comment was "The title says it all"...actually it tells nothing and I remember in past trying few times to track it down but failed.

Well by today's standards one could say it is mediocre action wise and not up to the standard of hardcore bashers but it had some heart thats why it had a bit of appeal.For instance though " Hong Kong Connection " had a hell of a lot more action and was a better film in all regards.The audience hated it because of the structure while the opposite is true of Dumb Boxer.

Archived