Jaws Theme in Of Cooks And Kung Fu

BlackLamaFaction

BlackLamaFaction

I was watching the film the other day on the internet. The version was pretty bad, but also during one scene the dialogue stopped and the theme from jaws was thrown in to the scene (to add tension I suppose). I was wondering if anyone knew if this appears on any other versions of the film?( I am assuming it's not in the original because of copyright laws). Or was this just someones idea of a joke? It was kind of funny. Here's the link if you want to see for yourself. It starts at 54:23.

http://www.eztakes.com/store/categories/Free-Streaming-Movies.jsp

"And I'm willing to convert to Buddism"................ "That's Good, That's Goooooooood

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched this last night (1st time!) and yeah the Jaws bit was pretty funny.

Had some Star Wars & Once Upon a Time in West in the mix as well.

Beat up Ocean Shores VHS but still more than watchable. Shapesfest galore!

Anyone know if a wide version is out there?

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

The music is a little offbeat I agree, but I think the film makers thought it was fitting seeing as it is one of John Steinbeck's most absurd and surprising short stories. :angel:

sifu iron perm

LOL..reminds me of Ninja Final duel..i heard bits of ghostbusters and rocky 4 in the mix..

Watched this last night (1st time!) and yeah the Jaws bit was pretty funny.

Had some Star Wars & Once Upon a Time in West in the mix as well.

Beat up Ocean Shores VHS but still more than watchable. Shapesfest galore!

Anyone know if a wide version is out there?

the German DVD Thread just below has new Info about the 2.35 DVD of it :)

Get the German print if your a fan of this film, the picture quality is awesome (wide-screen)!:smile:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Morgoth Bauglir
Get the German print if your a fan of this film, the picture quality is awesome (wide-screen)!:smile:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Beautiful!:smile::smile:

BlackLamaFaction
The music is a little offbeat I agree, but I think the film makers thought it was fitting seeing as it is one of John Steinbeck's most absurd and surprising short stories. :angel:

Hi Judy,which Steinbeck story are you referring to? I assumed you meant of Mice and Men because of the similar titles but I see no parallels in that story. I'm a big fan of Steinbeck and I would like to check out the story.

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
Hi Judy,which Steinbeck story are you referring to? I assumed you meant of Mice and Men because of the similar titles but I see no parallels in that story. I'm a big fan of Steinbeck and I would like to check out the story.

Hi Black Lama, it was a very bad joke. I wouldn't be surprised if those that gave it the international title were subconciously thinking Of Mice And Men yet I doubt a John Steinbeck novel will ever get a kung fu interpretation, we are all the worse for this state of affairs...

BlackLamaFaction

lol. I get it. I'm sorry, it's difficult to interpret sarcasm and wit in type and your obviously blessed with both. I feel silly. :tongue: A Steinbeck novel would indeed make a watchable kung fu film. I believe all of the key elements are there. If they can make westerns out of Kurosawa right? It would kind of just be the reverse. Anyway, thanks for the clarification Judy.

Archived