question if you own Rumble in the Bronx Funny DVD

make believe

I have a sort of an odd question about this disc so hopefully someone will help. I just rewatched it last night and wonder if anyone else's discs have some noticeable audio pops. I remember when I first watched this disc noticing one or two at most, but this time around I heard more especially during the closing credits. Around 11:39, 44:56 are two examples of this.

Now I wonder if maybe my DVD may be going bad or something.since it is a cheaply pressed disc I imagine. If this is the case I am going to seek out another as soon as possible since this is the most complete version. Despite the not so great subs, modified dubbing, and vhs like quality this is still a must own for me. Hopefully one day we see a uncut remastered print but I won't be getting my hopes up. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dvd was scratched so I thought maybe in some weird way that was causing the pops or maybe it was a defective disc or possibly badly manafactured disc. Remember LD rot!? It was mostly a guess, probably a bad one at that. I just got concerned cause as I said earlier I don't remember hearing that many little audio clicks / pops the last time I watched it. I also never heard anyone complain about this issue on this dvd so that too made me wonder. Perhaps it is just the initial mastering and I'm obsessing over it for nothing. If anyone wants to check their copy sometime, I would sleep better at night!

Guest WuxiaFan

I have the Funny DVD and on the uncut side, I did hear some audio pops around the 11:00 mark, but not at the 44:00 mark. On the other side (the cut US version), the audio and picture for that matter are much better and I heard no pops at either of those intervals.

make believe

Ok just an update. I am not sure why I didn't think of this before but I played the DTS track instead of the 5.1 and at the 11:39 mark it did not have the audio pop. During the credits however there is still those audio pops for both the 5.1 and the DTS track. You can hear them around 48:20 and 49:32 for example (title 2). The movie is separated on two titles for some reason. There is an obvious edit / cut at the final scene when it pauses and it goes into the credits so I think that might have something to do with it. I guess in the end it might just be bad mastering afterall. I think.

Archived